Can't leave negative feedback for a nonpayment buyer any ideas

Sold an item to the first bidder a few weeks ago. After three emails to them and three phone messages left I took it as a non payment so resisted the item. Today I tried to place negative feedback as it may of cost me a sale. There is no option for this? Is that because I have resisted it or that I have put a dispute in about the buyer? Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller's are not able to leave anything other than positive feedback for a buyer at any stage of a transaction, and the option to leave feedback is removed entirely after an unpaid item case has closed without payment (the buyer can not leave feedback, either).

If you haven't opened / closed a case yet, I suggest you do so as the FVF charged on the sale is credited back as well. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You should never re sell an item until the original transaction is complete. Until you open and then close an unpaid item dispute the first buyer can still pay and then what are you going to do as you will no longer be able to send the item?

You need to open an unpaid item dispute, close it 4 days later if they still don't pay, add them to your blocked bidder list and move on after making sure you have the buyer block in place blocking any member with more then one strike in the last 12 months from bidding.

A neg would do nothing other than get you a retaliatory one from the buyer, something which dies not look the best on a seller's account.

I would also never send a buyer multiple emails and leave phone messages, that would actually put me off paying if I were the buyer! Ebay send an item purchased email and a reminder 48 hours after, I send an invoice on day 3 and if no response by end of day 4 I just open the dispute. The only time I would ever call a non payer is if it is a pick up item and I have not heard from them for 3 days after sending them my phone number and then it would be one phone call only.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for comments. Bruce
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply