Can the Russian ebay exclude certain counties for postage.

A business client is saying they cant for international post. I cant see they would allow it for everyone else but not Russia lol.
If you can can someone screenshot it where they can or use the windows snipping tool to do so

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just tried to create a listing with my Australian account but listing on the Russian site and Australia and New Zealand as well as every other country except Russia was on the exclusion list. 

if they are newish to ebay they may not be aware they tick Oceania then all the countries display and they can tick Australia and New Zealand. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Your question is a bit hard to understand, but I'll have a go.

No, eBay Russia would not exclude International shipping.

Any seller, however, can choose not to post to another country. They can even select which countries or regions they will post to. I don't post outside of Australia and that is my decision, not eBay's.

Given the likely travelling time for anything going from Russia to Australia, except for expensive methods, a seller would likely fall foul of eBay's Money Back Guarantee, which heavily favours buyers, and lose their goods and their money.

To me, the Russian seller who your client can't purchase from has made a smart business decision.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ill re-word it. A business client is selling his goods on ebay. He is selling international. He says Ebay Russia doesn't allow for him to exclude Australia and NZ. He under our agreement isn't allowed to sell to those counties. I don't believe him.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If your client is in Australia but selling on Russian ebay he may not be able to exclude Australia because that's where he's based. I'm not saying it's the case, I'm saying maybe it is.

You'd have to try and set up a listing yourself on ebay Russia to find out. I doubt you'll get too many people here that are experts on what Russia's ebay allows or doesn't allow!

Can you list on ebay.com (US site) if you live in Australia, and exclude Australia for posting?  That won't give you a definite answer but it's a starting point.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

He is in Russia, listing on Russian ebay.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

No idea then. You'd have to check the Russian site and see whether they're forced to include Australia/NZ in the countries they'll sell to.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I have seen and often wondered why, on a number of ocassions, that some American seller clearly states 'Will not post to Australia". A small number of sellers from the UK also advertised same. Don't ask me for names, I don't make it a point to remember them, for good reasons. So, if the Russians doesn't want to post to Aust and NZ, why force them. Why even talk about it.  

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I just tried to create a listing with my Australian account but listing on the Russian site and Australia and New Zealand as well as every other country except Russia was on the exclusion list. 

if they are newish to ebay they may not be aware they tick Oceania then all the countries display and they can tick Australia and New Zealand. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks EOL

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply