Cancelled transactions

I guess this is a relatively trivial matter, but after selling on ebay for some 8 years, my irritation has reached the point that it would be helpful to have a bit of a rant.

I was asked last night by a buyer of one of my designer garments to cancel the transaction, as they has misread the sizing. Although I'm never thrilled about this, I agreed for an easy life. (All my auctions are 10 days in duration and this buyer bid 8 days ago, so they really had ample time to contact me before the end of the auction to put this right but didn't bother)

I went through the cancellation process, which of course, bizarrely requires ME to request a cancellation of the buyer. When the buyer of course agreed to it, ebay sends me the formulaic message:

"Here's some good news! xxxxx has agreed to cancel the transaction for xxxxxxxxxxx (sale item)"

When will ebay reword this email?? Its not good news at all for us sellers !!!!!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Cancelled transactions

Sorry but if that is the worst thing you can find to complain about concerning ebay I don't have a great deal of sympathy. Why would you waste your time even opening the cancellation confirmation email never mind actuallyu reading it.

As for buyers asking to cancel that is hardly ebay's fault, one advantage of printing postage labels as soon as items end is that you can say sorry, already processed and in the post, too late to cancel.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Cancelled transactions

Yeahhh. . . .like I said, a relatively trivial matter, but clearly it irked you that I should even mention it !!

Never said that it was ebay's fault that buyers wish to cancel. Only that they can't find a better way of communicating the information that the cancellation has gone thru to the seller.

We really have to watch our 'p's' and 'q's' with good ol' phorum junkie, I must remember that !!!!

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply