Cant work out how to combine invoices for buyers that want to purchase several items and have post d

catj38
Community Member

I have read all the ebay instructions for sending buyers a combined invoice for several items they want to buy including discounted postage and i cant work it out. 

I have activated the 'combined postage' option in my account settings and tried to add my items into a cart using my partners phone so i could see if i could request one/issue one and nothing works. 

I have been loosing buyers as they dont want to pay for each item + postage then be refunded (this is what i have been doing).

If any sellers out there in au can help that would be most appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Cant work out how to combine invoices for buyers that want to purchase several items and have post d

I have heard that the request total doesnt appear for the buyer if they are on the app,  cannot be sure,  I know it works on the website.

That wasnt much help but maybe ask where they are purchasing from

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As sugar has said, the problem is that combined postage invoices do not show on the eBay app, and if people add items to their cart, there is no option to ask the seller for a combined invoice (as there should be for those using eBay classic site). I don’t have combined postage policies. (If you want to combine items you should not have Immediate Payment Required.)

If people buy more than 1 item from me I send them a polite message. “Please don’t pay now, wait for a combined invoice from me. I expect you know that combined invoices are not visible if using the eBay app; you have to use a desktop or laptop or log into the eBay classic site eBay.com.au” Then I work out the correct postage cost and send them a combined invoice. And send them another message “Combined invoice sent. I expect you know that combined invoices are not visible if using the eBay app; you have to use a desktop or laptop or log into the eBay classic site eBay.com.au  If you have any problems paying please contact me.”

This may seem long-winded to you but has worked for me for 20 years. Of course if people pay immediately I refund the excess postage as you have done. I have a message to this effect (If you buy more than 1 item, don’t pay immediately, please wait for a combined invoice from me) on all my listings – that may help. A combined invoice is not necessary for Free Postage – can you work out if Free Post would be suitable for your items – it does of course have to be worked into your item cost.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply