Change postage cost for one listing

Hello,

Can someone please help me to change the postage cost for one item.  I am getting so frustrated trying to do this.  I've checked through the forum, but can't find how to do this.

I only have a few listings on eBay and all have $9.95 shipping cost for an Australia Post large box.

I want to list a small item with free postage.

What I am doing is:  Going to Postage on the listing > Postage Policy > Edit Cost for This Listing.  What is showing is  $9.95 for Australia Post Large Box.  I am ticking Free Postage against this, but it looks like it is doing something in the background, but nothing changes.  I don't want to change the $9.95 postage for the other items, just want to change it for this one.

I also have some other items to list with different postage costs, and not sure how to proceed.

Please Help 🙂

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Go into your settings and turn off postage policies. Then you can set whatever postage you like on any given listing. Postage policies are the spawn of the devil. I was so pleased when I found out how to turn it off (don't ask me how, because it was quite a few years ago! It's in there somewhere).

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Just looked at your 8 listings and all show "Free Postage". Maybe you had better have a look at it

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I wasn't sure how you managed to view their listings, because I got 0 when I checked this morning. I clicked through to feedback and realised they had changed their username since they posted the original message, so was able to see their listings then through the feedback page.

Like you, all I'm seeing is free postage and the OP is probably going to be out of pocket on some items. I suspect they have changed their postage policies to show free postage, when in actual fact, they need to delete postage policies and insert postage manually.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Didn't even realise the ID change.  Through the feedback page is exactly how I found them.  My 1st check came up blank as well.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I never turned it on.

I use flat postage and include postage in the postage field when applicable.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks, yes I turned off postage policies as I was getting so annoyed with it and just adjusted my prices and made everything free postage.  

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks, yes, I ended up changing everything to free postage as I couldn't work out how to change individual postage pricing.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

All good - as long as you have accounted for - Fees & Postage.

Think you are in for a few surprises.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Domino,

What do you mean?  Have I made an error?

Or are you just referring to my selling price?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply