Christmas on us poor sellers

I can just imagine some people gathering their Christmas lists ,,,together right now 

will not cost them a cent 

With this new policy 

Heavens ,,, I am a seller of bits and pieces 

mainly used clothing 

I sell fairly cheaply to help people whom maybe struggling 

however I guess ,,, I now shall be taking my clothing to a opp shop 

where they dont sell clothing ,,,, that cheap .

I just feel totally ripped off

Have a perfect week 

Donna

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yeah so true, we just sent bags and bags of good clean use clothes to Life Line because it helps them and it not worth the flack to sell them.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

My only suggestion re your clothing (and even your badges/patches), take photos of every square inch, inside and out. Cuffs, hems, seams, everything. Take photos of both the back and the front of the badges/patches. That way if a buyer tries to get a refund due to something being dirty, or has holes or some other defect, you have all the evidence you need to prove the item was in good condition when you sold it.

You don't need to post all the photos in your listings, just have them available if needed.

It really is going to cause issues for a lot of small sellers, these new policies, especially the shoe, clothing and jewellery sellers. Come to think of it, the book sellers might be an easy target too. Buy the book, read it, then demand a refund for whatever the reason as they no longer need it.

EBay has opened up a huge can of worms that will have the scammers flocking to the site. I guess the idea was to increase buyer numbers, but at what cost to the sellers?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

DVD & CD sellers are going to be in the same boat, given how easy it is to copy them these days.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Lots of buyers watching the tumbleweeds rolling by. Guess we'll all be able to see what an online ghost town looks like 🙂

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The way I look at it is if I get a vast majority of buyers doing the wrong thing by me and abusing the new system, I will change the way I do things. If its just the odd one here or there,(which it usually is or I wouldnt be doing this )why bother? cause you cant please all the people ALL of the time NO MATTER WHAT.

We all have our unique patterns of bad behavour in buyers. Mine just happens to be with new plant buyers...THE BROWN THUMBS and the ones who havent bought plants online before.With the new rules in November I have to hope I sell to mainly people with green thumbs. Even I kill plants but I wont be expecting my money back , even if I do buy it on eBay. Thats so unfair.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
DVD & CD sellers are going to be in the same boat, given how easy it is to copy them these days.

That's why I list mine at a cheap price,(so hopefully it's not worth the hassle to them).

If it becomes a problem I'll head back to QS and list them at the same price,(it doesn't worry me how long they sit

there)

We will be going back to the market in the coming months,so will hopefully sell a few there,ok.gif

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply