Click & Collect forced opt in.

go-tazz
Community Member

Just received a message on both accounts:

Click & Collect from 26 April

Sent:18-Apr-16 08:00

From 26 April, Click & Collect will be enabled on your account. Click & Collect is a great way to boost your sales by offering an additional level of service. Rather than sending an item to a person's home, simply post it to the Woolworths or Big W address they choose.

So it looks like anyone that has opted out in the past will now be opted in.
I can't opt out via preferences as I haven't got it listed in there,(so I presume I opted out at some time),Who knows.gif

As long as they don't put it back in as I wont be using it.
Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

I would dearly love to tell ebay where to stick their click (and collect) I did opt out and they put it back, so I opted out again.

Might be worth keeping an eye on it. Cheeky sods they are Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 68
Latest reply

i opted out a while ago and its still there in my options under site preferences. post preferences. you have to click on the 'show' buttong to get the drop down list where click and collects hiding

Message 3 of 68
Latest reply

I can't find the link to it at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that you are only able to offer Click & Collect in your listings if you have a low handling time (2 or 3 days). If you have a handling time of 5+ as it is, you might be safe.

Message 4 of 68
Latest reply

Just got the same email today, but few of my listing would qualify.

Barrie

Message 5 of 68
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i opted out a while ago and its still there in my options under site preferences. post preferences. you have to click on the 'show' buttong to get the drop down list where click and collects hiding

It doesn't show for me anywhere,(doesn't show using the edit functions either)good.gif

I've also added postage to all my listings as free postage seems to be one of their requirements.

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 68
Latest reply

There seems to be a number of threads related to this.  In this particular thread, a member has said that you WON'T be able to opt-out until the actual date that it commences 26 April !!!!!! (which seems ludicrous to me).

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Click-and-collect-opt-out/m-p/1942310#U1942310

The email I received stated I'll receive ANOTHER email when it is LIVE on that day.

So I guess everyone will have to be very ready to pounce to opt out on receipt of this second email.

Message 7 of 68
Latest reply

could there be a difference between store holders and non store sellers?

Message 8 of 68
Latest reply

You will be able to opt out of it once you have actually been opted in. In other words, after the 26th April.  You can't turn something off if it isn't yet on.

It is a staged implementation, I was opted in form April 1, and promptly opted out as soon as it appeared.  If you haven't yet received the email, you soon will.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 9 of 68
Latest reply

I've got the email on my store ID, not on the other ID. I assume it won't show on any of my listings anyway but I'll opt out just in case. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it because there are much more important things in life. I used to work at Big W and know how chaotic things can be in their layby dept, especially leading up to Christmas but also on pension day, so I honestly don't know where they'd store extra parcels.
Message 10 of 68
Latest reply