Closing a store if on managed payments

bess15
Community Member

Thinking of closing my store and am not sure how this works as I'm on managed payments and therefore get the 250k free listings. Would it be prudent to end all my listings first? I don't want to find that I'm suddenly billed for any excess over 40 listings even though I should still be eligible for the freebies.  Has anyone else closed their store after transitioning to MP?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I have had a store since 2004 on this ID and another and I closed them both after being swapped over to  MP. 

I didn't end my items and I was not billed for any listings. I have 140 listings on this ID and about 700 on the other.

Like JFM says do your  sums first but it made sense for me to delete the subscription.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Before you close your store, you should use eBay fees calculator to see if the fees you save by not having a store is more than the fee increase you will incur in FVF. You pay less in FVF with a store.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, I have had a store since 2004 on this ID and another and I closed them both after being swapped over to  MP. 

I didn't end my items and I was not billed for any listings. I have 140 listings on this ID and about 700 on the other.

Like JFM says do your  sums first but it made sense for me to delete the subscription.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

bess15
Community Member

Thanks for the replies. My sales at the moment are not enough for the FVF difference to be an issue.  Will see if things improve over the next few weeks.  Reading some of the posts yesterday it seems that other sellers are also experiencing a downturn in sales, hopefully it's only temporary.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Honestly a lot of the downturn worry seems to be the result of the fine tuning eBay is doing to sort out some issues, and it may well settle down once they manage to streamline a little more, so don't do anything drastic as you say it may well be temporary.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply