Combine postage.

Buyer paid for two listings before I sent invoice as I was waiting for another listing to finish.

They paid by PP but I want to send as a combined parcel,(3kg C & S seems the best option) as they weigh over 500 grams combined,(will only charge them the $3 + $3 = $6 as per listing).

Forgot to add the registered to those two so I'll cover the rest.,($4)

The other buyer didn't win so the other listing will be going by registered letter rate,(saving the $4 there).

So how can I combine those two sold items into one package please.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Combine postage.

message the buyer...ask them if they're happy to receive as 1 package and then refund the difference via Paypal

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Combine postage.

When you process them through C&S you can combine them their, and you will have the same tracking number applied to all items in the same package.

Barrie

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Combine postage.

Why not send them seperately and save the postage

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Combine postage.

Did they pay separately or in one hit?

ie Does Paypal show one or two transactions. If two, an unscrupulous buyer can claim INR for one if you send them together.

I would just send them anyway if you're prepared to run the risk (which I would and do), but I have to ask, why are you sending envelope sized items registered? Most of your sold items don't seem to be worth enough to warrant registered. You're probably costing yourself money as buyers generally factor postage costs into the price they bid at. And your competitors probably aren't charging as much as you for postage.

twyngwyn - there is no difference to refund. Combined will be more than the postage charged.

Ps I wish I'd seen those boney books. They're worth a lot more than that. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Combine postage.

Ok,thanks all.

Sorry,should have checked back here before refunding and sending a combined invoice as I checked for previous posts and that seemed to be the way to do it.

I thought if I did it quickly they would get the messages and still be able to pay or reply.

Will have to remember about C & S allowing you to combine as then it doesn't matter if they pay separately. 

Didn't click that sending separately was cheaper as well.

Can't send now as I have no Paypal address.

Hopefully the buyer is understanding and that they get the refund message.

They paid separately and I didn't check the Paypal details as they could have wanted them to different addresses.

Looks like I might have to write up a checklist of actions I can/need to take for future reference.

The registered part is to cover me in case of a Paypal dispute.

I only buy the Boney books to read and then sell them so any money I get for them is a bonus.

Looks like I still have lots to learn.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Combine postage.

I used to email and ask them if they wanted me to refund and send a combined invoice with cheaper postage but half the time they didn't reply so I now put on all my items that have a postage cost that a combined postage discount is only given on items paid on a single invoice.

If they pay individually before i can send a combined invoice I just treat them as individual sales and send as two parcels.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Combine postage.

Yes,that is what I should have done.

It was so simple and I complicated it by refunding.

As they say,as long as you learn from your mistakes.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply