Combined postage on app

sjay2k
Community Member

I get messages all the time from buyers who cannot access combined postage usage the app.

I tried it myself and I couldn't seem to get it to work.

What's the trick?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Combined postage on app

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is no trick.....the app is notoriously glitchy and rarely works properly.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Combined postage on app

@sjay2k wrote:

I get messages all the time from buyers who cannot access combined postage usage the app.

I tried it myself and I couldn't seem to get it to work.

What's the trick?

The "trick" is that the app will make them pay for everything separately so that Paypal gets the flagfall fee for every purchase.

It's never been fixed, and I doubt it ever will be.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Combined postage on app

@sjay2k wrote:

What's the trick?

Combined postage rates need to be set up via automated discounts, and the cart needs to be used rather than 'Buy it now' (this is the only way combined purchase and payments, with reduced / combined postage is possible via the app).

If pre-set discounts aren't possible and you need to invoice post-sale, then the buyer needs to by-pass the app to pay, by opening a browser rather than the app to access eBay, and viewing the full site version. I believe tapping 'pay now' on the email of the invoice will also bypass the app checkout and take them to the browser version of the eBay checkout. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Combined postage on app

Spoiler

Cursèd be the eBay app

That vexes every seller's lap.

Combinèd postage it despoils ;

Thy browser this fiasco foils.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Combined postage on app

Wow this is a joke.

Does anyone have a contact at eBay?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Combined postage on app

The only cntacts that anyone here has at ebay is the person who answers the phone when you ring them.....or request them to ring you.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Combined postage on app

Sjay, the app will give you more trouble than its worth. We’ve given it a good go twice now, but have abandoned it even though it can be handy at times. You need to know what works and what doesn’t. Then you might cope.

eBay? Well, you can try, but I suspect a lot have gone before you. The app remains the same.

I wish you well.

Melina.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply