Combined postage over multiple listings

i have multiple listing and am having trouble doing postage. i can combine when a buyer is purchasing more than one of same item but not across my store.

the perfect solution for postage i need is.

up to 3 items postage $1.10 anything over is 5.95 with tracking. I cant seem to work this out.

does any one have a suggestion have been trying to work it out for weeks. 

If i can do that im happy to try and work out at least combined postage across my site. 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Do you have immediate payment set up? 

I don't offer discounted postage, just combined....have put my satchel prices under my banner in 'about us'

here's the link for discounted postage:

Postage discounts | eBay

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I think that yes, it has to do with immediate payment. I recently had this problem with a seller who also requires immediate payment (so I could not request the total).

However, it would be nice if the postage could update automatically in the cart, even if a seller requires immediate payment, if people pay immediately when the total is updated. Requesting a total can take time, but if somebody pays immediately when the total is updated, it should be fine, but unfortunately, as the OP said, it only works if you buy 2 or more identical items.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

The only way out of it can possibly be if a seller is willing to refund excessive postage after a buyer has paid full price. Sometimes sellers say that they will refund excessive postage in their listings, so I guess they could do the same for combined postage for items that require immediate payment?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

.....or just remove 'immediate payment required'....then buyer can request an invoice

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, a seller did that some time ago, but if they don't suggest that spontaneously I personally don't feel like asking. I did hope that seller I wanted to buy from recently suggested that, but instead he said they are investigating why the cart does not update and will keep me updated when they find an answer.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

because ebay makes more in fees....the cart has been a 'problem' for many years

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

.....or just remove 'immediate payment required'....then buyer can request an invoice

Some sellers can't. I am one of them. I don't have immediate payment required on any of my listings, but it is still forced onto the buyer thanks to ebay. I think if they add to the cart they can request a total, but just hitting buy now, they are forced to pay immediately.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

the buyer can also change their settings

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If you have immediate payment enabled, the buyer can't request a total if they add items to their cart... "Request total" will be greyed out and if you hover the mouse over it it will say that you can't request a total because the items require immediate payment. This is because when you request a total, you commit to buy and the items will also be in your purchase as "unpaid" until you get an invoice.

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:

Some sellers can't. I am one of them. I don't have immediate payment required on any of my listings, but it is still forced onto the buyer thanks to ebay. I think if they add to the cart they can request a total, but just hitting buy now, they are forced to pay immediately.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply