Concerns about possibly dodgy buyer / stolen paypal accounts (repeat purchase)

Ok, so last week I sold something around the $300 mark to a buyer. The paypal account name was very different to the recipient's name, but that happens. Could be a partner using their account or whatever.

During last night at around 2am, a different account has bought the same item, to the same address. Different name, different paypal address. The paypal name and recipient name are completely different.

Think first purchase - John for the paypal account versus Miroslav for the recipient name.

Second purchase - Sarah for the paypal account versus Vladmir for the recipient name.

(these names have been changed, but were different nationalities similar to the above)

The address on google street view looks like a fairly standard large house with several cars out the front, but something seems very off about this overall.

It is feasible for an enthusiast to buy several of these, but with different ebay accounts and names....I'm not sure I'm comfortable posting it, as I know I'm just throwing my money away if the paypal accounts are stolen or something.

If it makes any difference, both times the paypal email has come as "Notification of payment received" rather than "Item no.1234567- Notification of an Instant Payment". What does this different layout mean?

Do I just post and hope for the best?

The accounts have 4 feedback and 2 feedback respectively, with 1-2 recent purchases from prominent computer stores...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure what is going on but someone with more knowledge will be able to help out.
With regards to the paypal payments, mine always starts off as Notification of payment received then is followed by the item number. Hope this helps a little bit!
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I actually googled the address again now and it comes up as a 'mail solutions' company in an industrial area. Maybe I street viewed the wrong address last time.

So perhaps someone is buying them 'anonymously' which would make at least a small amount of sense given the cryptocurrency association of said item.

Both addresses had a different 6 digit number in them, so it must be some sort of freight forwarding company... the plot thickens. 

There is no reason for anyone in another country to buy this item from Australia though if they don't live here, it's quite a lot cheaper almost anywhere else in the world..

Example:

John Smith

1/2-4 Smith Street

City

State     Postcode

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Don't PayPal state that the seller is protected if sent with tracking?

Surely if it all goes pear shaped then PP will/should compensate you for it.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Call PayPal and ask if they can verify that the purchases are genuine.

I had my PayPal account hacked by 2 Russian accounts and I have heard of others.

Each time 2 higher priced purchases made.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I gave them a call and they confirmed I was eligible for seller protection and that the balance is 'available'.

I guess I'll just risk it and take paypal to small claims court if I lose my money/item somehow..

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

For anyone interested, ebay reversed today's transaction just now - luckily I hadn't sent it!!

Do not send anything to industrial addresses in Yatala in QLD until you have done thorough investigation!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply