Concert tickets

jonsam3
Community Member

Help i need to sell my tickets to a concert but i am not sure how much ebay will charge me in fee's ?

The face value of my tickets combined is $1200.00 at the end of the sale i do not want to be out of pocket at all so how much do you think it will cost ?

OR do i just auction them off and set a reserve ???

Advice please

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Concert tickets

Start the auction listing at the minimum price you would be happy to sell for if they only get the one bid or list as a buy now and you can add best offers as well.

The fee will be 9.9% of the end price.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Concert tickets

1) Are you allowed to sell these tickets? Event Tickets

2) Selling fees Seller fees & invoices

3) PayPal fees

4) There are no reserves on eBay au (except for motors), so your BIN or starting price of the auction needs to be the minimum you are prepared to accept for the item (even if eBay tries to encourage you to list lower) and BIN must be at least 30% above auction price. Note that BIN is not a reserve, in combination with an auction listing, if someone places a bid, the BIN option disappears.

5) On a non store account, I generally allow 15% as a rough guide for all fees including PayPal and eBay etc. (9.5% from eBay, 2.4% + 30c from PayPal...... and any other bank fees etc you may be subject to)

6) also remember that you are not allowed to sell digitally delivered goods on eBay.au, so they need to be physical tickets that you can post or the buyer can collect from you.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Concert tickets

Wow so nearly $ 120.00 ... No wonder prices are crazy at times... Thanks for you info !!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Concert tickets

@jonsam3 wrote:

Wow so nearly $ 120.00 ... No wonder prices are crazy at times... Thanks for you info !!

more if the buyer pays by PayPal or whichever safe payment method you choose. One of which you must offer, as a choice on all listings. (PayPal, Paymate, merchant Credit Card)

Plus remember that items listed for sale on eBay cannot be advertised anywhere else.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Concert tickets

eBay Australia does not have reserves for anything except cars/boats/caravans/motorbikes/real estate categories.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Concert tickets

also remember that you are not allowed to sell digitally delivered goods on eBay.au, so they need to be physical tickets that you can post or the buyer can collect from you.

It is a while since I looked but from memory I think you can sell tickets without posting as long as the actual ticket can be printed out by the recipient.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Concert tickets

@jonsam3 wrote:

The face value of my tickets combined is $1200.00 at the end of the sale i do not want to be out of pocket at all 

To break even on a $1200 item, presuming payment is via PayPal, they would need to sell for roughly $1375, give or take a bit depending on how much postage is charged / paid (I calculated with basic costs for registered / insured letter). Before listing, you will need to check any policies the ticketing agent has regarding resale. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply