Creating listing using html

Hi There,

I have just re-done a lot of my listings using dream weaver and copying over the html which looks great on my desk top and on my phone but when i try to view it on my lap top the discription area has shrunk right down so i have to scroll through it.

Has anyone else tried to do this in dream weaver and had the same problems ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I create my listing in a HTML editor then copy and paste into Turbolister, then upload from there.

Ive never had a problem doing it this way.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

i use a program called listing factory to do my html

what you do is design your page in dreamweaver

save the html file

then import it to listing factory

this way when making changes to the item description and pictures is much easier and it keeps your html in place where it should be

here is the link if you are interested

http://www.auctionlistingcreator.com

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Yes this happened to me when I copied and pasted from Dreamweaver into Turbo lister,  I had a broken table tag in the description. (an open tag with no closing tag... but no

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

oops that closing tag should be

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Why not use a template builder that is ebay specific, I use robshelp.com which offers free use and hosting for a ew templates or you can pay US$8 per month for the companion eaph site which offers unlimited storage of photos and templates.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

buywellsellwell
Community Member

I tried to cut and past a htlm listing  . but it would not change from text to html

whats does one do

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hi There,

I have just re-done a lot of my listings using dream weaver and copying over the html which looks great on my desk top and on my phone but when i try to view it on my lap top the discription area has shrunk right down so i have to scroll through it.

Has anyone else tried to do this in dream weaver and had the same problems ?

Thanks

This sounds more like a browser issue.

You can use dreamweaver to give you a compatibility check but it's not 100% safe.

What you need to do is check your code's output on your local drive by using a range of browsers.

Time consuming? ... definitely!

It's the only way to be sure though.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I am sure, in the last SEVEN months, the OP has worked it out. Otherwise they would probably have come back for more information sometime in the last SEVEN months.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply