Customer waits weeks to advise

Hello i need some help here, my feedback is already a mess although i ship all goods with in 48hrs and offer option of registered post which buyers wont opt for! 

I am really getting sick of buyers contacting me more than 3 weeks after goods have been shipped saying they havent arrived i have replaced over 50 items this month and its costing me a fortune. 

NOW i have a Buyer tonight who has emailed me to say item NOT arrived the item was shipped out to this person on the 5th June nealy 6 weeks ago!! Regular Post I know she will leave me a negative feedback if i dont replace the goods which is NOT fair my terms are clear that buyers advise us within 7 biusiness days of goods NOT arriving

SO WHAT DO I DO? any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

50 items already this month, you have replaced. Cripes.  😞 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

You are either being scammed or you have a serious problem with your posties. If it were me I would include 3.00 onto the price of each item and send everything registered post. This should put an end to any scammers and if items are still being lost at least you will have proof of shipment for any PayPal claims.
Stop replacing items, unless they make PayPal claims.
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

I think you need to assess your post policies overall and do a rethink on the basis you have them as your policies.

For example, you indicate in your terms that you do not post to post office boxes, yet you send via Aust Post and a PO is one of the safest delivery destinations IMO.

I would also most certainly be on the phone to Australia Post to discuss the issue of that volume of your outgoing mail going missing.

I would encourage you to have look at the recent threads on the Powersellers Board that has some useful seller post tips (thread title not the most obvious but includes word guys).

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

I would not be in the least surprised if a buyer waited 3 weeks before advising you they had not received their item I always allow at least 12 working days before making enquiries.

You either send items as registered letters or parcels with SOD or insurance, click & send or some other way that qualifies for seller protection or you accept that you are going to either have to refund or replace without question..... up to you, buyers are never going to voluntarilly pay extra when they have the protection  of Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Thankyou for responses i did already try adding Registered Post to all my items BUT my sales stopped why would they want to pay the Extra $3 when eBay have forced FREE shipping down peoples knecks so they shop else where and to be able to cover registered post costs its actully $4.95 to be able to cover it and eBay fees. So i guess i will need to start selling on;y items that i can have enough cost on them to cover registered post and still offer FREE shipping may be the only way.

We have a LOT of mail go missing when shipping to PO Boxs NO one reads our terms anyways so we get a lot of PO BOX addresses, its all very  frustrating!

I will email the buyer and let them know to go via the dispute process.

Thank you again 

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

With that volume of missing letters, if you send every customer to the paypal dispute centre and you lose the case as you cannot provided proof of post, you will amass defects very quickly and put your ability to sell on eBay at risk.

I agree sending low value items with registered post is overkill and you will not be able to compete against others.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

What percentage of your items sent are going missing?

How many of your items are sent parcel post and of those how many are you using either the ebay print label service, click & send or eparcel?

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I think you need to ask someone to help you with getting your items posted out.  I don't think you can even do registered post any more.

Are you drop shipping and someone else has the goods?  Your feedback percentage is not good.

Please remove this from your listings as it is just wrong and it won't protect you.

We DO NOT Cover any Products Lost, Stolen or Missing in the mail

If you select Regular Post YOU must contact Australia Post asap is your item does NOT arrive! We DO NOT work for Australia Post we have NO control over mail once shipped! We cannot locate any missing items! 

DO NOT LEAVE US NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR AUSTRALIA POSTS FAILURE TO DELIVER IF YOU CHOOSE REGULAR POST

Joono
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

I absolutely agree that you should get rid of that red warning. It is both pointless and unenforceable and would be enough to make some buyers think "Let's see what Paypal think of that rubbish"

Why would you want to give buyers even a hint that they can go without paying? You would do much better if all your statements were positive.  Perhaps you should read up on the psychology of selling, if you google it you can garner some very good advice on how to persuade buyers to buy from you.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply