DSR Reports

Has eBay removed the ability to run DSR reports? I can't find/remember how to do it.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DSR Reports

Ah ok. So I'm not going senile early ๐Ÿ˜€ Must have missed the announcement if there was one. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

DSR Reports

It was removed in February.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

Ah ok. So I'm not going senile early ๐Ÿ˜€ Must have missed the announcement if there was one. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

@justkidzbizwrote:

No announcement. I didn't know either and am really pished about it. If I click on the bookmarked link to DSR reports, it takes me to my feedback page. I wonder why eBay removed this feature?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

I'm surprised they ever allowed it because of the privacy issues involved.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

Time to get rid of DSRs altogether; they're a joke and have been since the beginning.

The fact that someone can leave a DSR that contradicts their feedback comment undermines the whole system, in my opinion.

I used those reports to block buyers who did that.

Does the dashboard still tell you which transaction/s have low postage DSRs? I remember I once posted something a day outside my handling time for reasons beyond my control, and it flagged it on my dashboard. Does it show the transaction details if a buyer leaves a low postage DSR for an untracked item?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

@everard6920wrote:

Time to get rid of DSRs altogether; they're a joke and have been since the beginning.

The fact that someone can leave a DSR that contradicts their feedback comment undermines the whole system, in my opinion.

I used those reports to block buyers who did that.

Does the dashboard still tell you which transaction/s have low postage DSRs? I remember I once posted something a day outside my handling time for reasons beyond my control, and it flagged it on my dashboard. Does it show the transaction details if a buyer leaves a low postage DSR for an untracked item?

I did the same thing. It used to get up my nose when someone would write a comment like "super fast postage, item better than described, I'm so happy with everything", then they'd give you 1 or 2 stars for everything. Even though you weren't supposed to, I asked a buyer one time if there was an issue in that they left 1 star for everything. They admitted they didn't know sellers knew who gave what and always gave one or 2 stars. 

One of my accounts, the postage cost star has taken a beating. That account charges the exact postage amount of $7.95, so I'm not sure why it's taken a beating, when the other accounts have higher postage and 5.0 for stars. 

I haven't been able to find anywhere that mentions a low star has been left. I agree that the whole thing should be abolished. If you can see what feedback someone has left, you should be able to see what stars they have left. Just do away with it!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

It's too easy to make a mistake when leaving them too, especially when using a mobile, but not only then. I had a buyer tell me a few weeks ago she accidentally a 1 for something. The first time I used the new feedback system as a buyer I almost left 1's for everything as I somehow expected the highest score to be on the left, not the right.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

I agree DSRs are a joke. I got low stars for..... a $2 postage cost (I supplied the padded envelope) An item posted within an hour, communication, I answered all questions. Postage costs, even though I only charge actual postage and supply the packaging. Item not as described ?? but no contact about this or complaint. There is no way for a Seller to win with this system that is stacked to make the Seller fail.  eBay will tell you that DSR's don't matter, and buyers don't look at them, so why don't they just remove it.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

DSR Reports

Given that DSR's are no longer relevant as a performance metric, removal is a moot point.

In some ways it's still handy as a reference guide but that's about it.

eBay probably woke up to the fact that sellers were using it to filter buyers so stopped the reporting feature.

They had to discontinue using DSR's as a metric I think, because their large sellers are so poor in this area.

Same with feedback; negatives no longer count for exactly the same reason.

I can see that going the same way as DSR's eventually.

(Actually already has to an extent as now a buyer has to deliberately opt in to see seller info in search results)

Rather than work with sellers to get their service levels up, eBay take the path of least resistance and remove any incentive to lift their game.

Talk about improving the buyer experience!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply