Delivered on Australia Post Tracking but buyer claims did not receive

Hello everyone,  first one I have had of these and it hasn't ended well so far.  I had a buyer in Blackheath NSW.  Parcel was delivered 3 days after it was shipped with tracking by Australia Post.

3 weeks later the buyer opens a item not received dispute so I commenced a lost parcel enquiry with Australia Post.  The item delivery on Australia Post says Alexandria which is a bit of a distance from Blackheath so I thought maybe there has been a problem with AP.  I googled it and Alexandria is some sort of huge business hub but my contact through the AP parel enquiry says it probably should have gone through Nepean.  I don't know my NSW geography that well so I am not sure how right that is.

Now I am absolutely sure that the tracking number and the buyers address information was 100% right on shipping.  We cross check these things because we are paranoid of errors.  I keep all the invoices with tracking filed for reference too.

The buyer never enquired with me about the parcel prior to opening the case.  I have communicated with her since and advised about the AP missing plarcel enquiry.  This evening without getting back to me she asked ebay to make a decision and within 20 minutes they have refunded her without any more enquiries with me and I didn't even know it had happened until it was already closed.

Needless to say I feel a bit aggrieved.  So, previously I thought that tracking was sufficient but obviously that is not  the case.  Australia post has asked me today for 5 more days to look into it.  I am down $77.45 on the whole transaction so not a very happy ending for me.  Have I been scammed?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Did you upload the tracking to the dispute page to show eBay that Auspost says the parcel was dleivered?? 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Hi Penny,

We spoke about that the tracking says delivered to Alexandria but I wasn't aware that I had to upload anything.  I provided the tracking number that shows that it was delivered.  Wasn't that enough?  It is the same tracking number that I added to the item at the time of shipping as well.  It has always been there for the buyer to see.

Regards,

Wendy

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@thereallygoodbookshopcomau wrote:

Hi Penny,

We spoke about that the tracking says delivered to Alexandria but I wasn't aware that I had to upload anything.  I provided the tracking number that shows that it was delivered.  Wasn't that enough?  It is the same tracking number that I added to the item at the time of shipping as well.  It has always been there for the buyer to see.

Regards,

Wendy

I received an INR request tonight for an item that - according to the tracking - was delivered last week. 

On the dispute page, eBay provided 3 options:

dispute options.JPG

According to eBay's MBG policies, the seller has to upload tracking via the second option before the case is escalated to eBay for the tracking information to be acknowledged and get the case closed in the seller's favour.

If you added them there, then you should definitely get on to eBay because they wouldn't have followed their own policies. (Just to add, as far as I'm concerned that policy is ridiculous, especially if tracking details were uploaded to the order before a request was ever even opened). 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Ok, I chose the send message to buyer option.  I didn't realise the 2nd option of update tracking details was relevant because I had already uploaded tracking details to the item when it shipped and the tracking was already showing delivered.  I have opened an appeal of the decision with ebay.  Is there any chance at all for me or am I just wasting my time now?

I am considering making a report to NSW Police if the Australia Post enquiry can't turn anything up.  Not sure if they can help any or not either though.  I am feeling a bit frustrated about it.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

This has happened to me 3 times, 

Firstly, Ring Australia post and ask them if they can help and send you a proof of delivery, sometime they even send me the image of signature that signed to received the parcel, you may got the staff that not really helpful and refuse to provide you anything, Hang up and then ring again, talk to different people, tell them what happened, most of them are really helpful.

Secondly, Ring ebay and give them the tracking number, if it shown that it has been delivered, then ask them to close the case, again, if they said they can't close right now as you have to wait for ___days(Can't remember how long), if you got this answer, Hang up and then ring again, talk to different people, most of them will close the case straight away and after that, you will received email to let you know that the case has been close in you favour. Good luck

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry i didn't read it probably and just noticed that the case was closed and buyer have got a refund.....but i still think it may worth to ring Australia post and if you got any proof from them, then ring ebay ....??
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

When you ring eBay, select request a call back rather than speaking with someone straight away. You get more sense and help if you request a call back. 

I guess too too that for items price higher than $50 it may be worth paying the extra $1.50 or whatever the fee is to get a signature on delivery.

From what I've read on a lot of the forum board is that eBay require "proof of delivery" whereas PayPal require tracking. In eBay eyes,mt racking is not proof of delivery (I'm just stating this from what I've read from other sellers where buyers open INR disputes).

hope it works out in your favour.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Someone from ebay had already reviewed my appeal and dismissed it without asking for any further information.  I am so frustrated but I have to treat this like a learing curve for if or when this happens to me again.  I will wait for the outcome of the Australia Post missing parcel enquiry and then I will make a report to the NSW police regarding mail theft.  I hate it when I feel I have been scammed.  It is the first time I have ever had problems with a parcel allegedly not being received on here or from my website.  I suppose it was always going to happen sometime.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

OK it seems you have missed adding the tracking number to the case which is why they have closed in favour of the buyer after the buyer escalated.

But if you uploaded the tracking number against the order at the time you mailed out the package then by rights you actually have seller protection against INR.

So I would be calling them (or getting a callback) multiple times if necessary, and discuss an appeal of their decision based on the fact that your tracking does indeed show delivered.

If they still refuse then advise them that you will be lodging a formal complaint with the financial ombudsman servive, FOS.

They might reverse their decision.

https://www.fos.org.au/

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply