Discrepancies between international ebay postal charge and actual Austpost rates. I mostly lose.

I noticed last week that with my international sales, buyers were being charged less than I recalled. I mostly send standard with tracking. 

Tonight I compared what ebay was charging my customers and the Australia Post published rates. There are a discrepancies, mostly not in a seller's favour. 

Some examples for a typical package under 500 grams.

Z7 (France, Italy)  Ebay charges customers $26.30, Ozpost charges $29.30 minus $3

Zone 4 (USA, Canada) Ebay $21.00, Ozpost $24.00 Minus $3

Zone 6 (UK) Ebay $27.20   , Ozpost $25.20 Plus 2!

Anyone with a similar experience?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Discrepancies between international ebay postal charge and actual Austpost rates. I mostly lose.

They sound like the prices for the new 250g weight bracket, which is slightly cheaper than the 500g parcel rate. Double -check your postage selections or weights (if using calculated postage) as it will hopefully be able to be adjusted there.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't post overseas. If I did, I wouldn't at the moment.

Certainly to the locations you have mentioned. Those countries are in chaos.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You would think so.

But OS sales are up  due to a low dollar (?) and items are arriving on time.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

They sound like the prices for the new 250g weight bracket, which is slightly cheaper than the 500g parcel rate. Double -check your postage selections or weights (if using calculated postage) as it will hopefully be able to be adjusted there.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Think this is related to weight differences.

If you look at the Aust Post table there is a range of weights.

Up to 250g

Over 250g - 500g.

Looks like most of the eBay pricing falls into the lower weight range which is a bit cheaper so as long as you select the lower weight (under 250g) when listing you should be receiving the lower price.  

The one anomaly in your pricing is the last one, UK Zone 6, if it is Up to 250g should be $25.20. So not sure what is going on there. 

Also don't understand why Aust Post would be charging the higher price, would think it should be the other way around. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks.

The new rates went straight over my head.

I had set all my weights at under 250, many years ago, to allow 2 items to be under 500 in the now ancient scheme.

A fair bit of revising to be done.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hard to keep up with all the changes.

Print off the International delivery schedule from Aust Post web site, shows all the Weights, Zones, and Pricing. 

Very helpful - 4 pages in total.

Printed mine off yesterday dated 20/03/20- so up to date.

"International Post Charges Easy Guide as at 30/03/2020".

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply