Do buyers still get strikes against their accounts for not paying

Just wondering when a buyer doesn't pay for an item these days does he still get any strikes against his account.I am only asking because I know the latest information I have is that after 4 days I can cancel the sale.Which is fine.But seems to me that that means now buyers can bid on anything they like and if they wish to not pay for it or reply to messages sent regarding payment that they can.Plus they don't get any strikes to their account?

Can someone clear this up with me as with the resolution center it used to be that a buyer had 7 days to pay and if they didn't they got a negative strike against their account.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, non-payers still get strikes on their account but eBay has streamlined the process, what used to take 8 days (4 days until dispute could be opened then 4 days for the buyer to pay) is now reduced to the first 4 days (some say 5 days) then a strike is issued and the seller can relist.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271&st=12&pos=1&query=...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, non-payers still get strikes on their account but eBay has streamlined the process, what used to take 8 days (4 days until dispute could be opened then 4 days for the buyer to pay) is now reduced to the first 4 days (some say 5 days) then a strike is issued and the seller can relist.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271&st=12&pos=1&query=...

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you ..much appreciated for your reply.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

No worries, happy to help you out. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply