Do i need a 2nd email account if i want to set up a 2nd selling account?

I was considering setting up a 2nd ebay a/c so i can list more than the 40 free listings per month, do i need a different email address from the one linked to my original a/c? and how do i link the 1st with the 2nd, so buyers are aware seller is reliable etc and actually has 100% feedback and good customer service etc? and is it a good move or twice the headache (twice the fees, twice the many hrs needed to list, take pics etc) ? any advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks kjm

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

if you set up another account you need a new email address. You can't link accounts. Even if you could it would defeat the purpose of getting a new account as you would still only get the one lot of freebies per month. The only way you can let buyers know you own both ID's is to write it in your listings.A new account starts with 0 feedback, you are starting from scratch. Of course it's going to be extra the work to maintain listings on both account.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

We have 5 selling IDs. Made up of 2 basic stores and three auction IDs.

This way we get 400 free BIN listings per month (200 on each store) plus 120 free auction listings per month (40 on each of the other 3 IDs). Of course if/when ebay hand out any other bonus free listings we can make use of those as well.

Each ebay account has its own unique email account just as explained above.

However, you can link in the same PayPal account to both IDs, so that when buyers pay from either ID you it all ends up into the same place. We have two PayPal acocunts lnked across our 5 selling IDs. Works for us!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

A freind of mine set up a second selling account recently for the purpose of having more free auctions. When it opened, he had a selling limit of 10 per month. Kind of defeated the purpose of having the second account!

I suggested using the 'increase selling limits' link, which he did and there was something in there about linking the 2 accounts, which would increase the selling limit to equal his main account. Not sure what the steps were, as I only have 1 account, but the accounts became linked as far as eBay is concerned, but his limit only increased to 30 sales per month. He does have 40 free auctions, he just can't use them all.

I think if he rings eBay he can get the limit increased more, but he's happy to wait for it to happen naturally when the sales increase on that account.

There is nothing that a buyer would see linking those 2 accounts together, so he's put a link to his main account on his new listings.

On his first lot of listings, he listed 15 items and sold 7 in the first week, so there are obviously buyers that don't mind buying from a seller with 0 feedback. At that stage he hadn't put a link to his main account in his listings either!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have 8 accounts, all with their own email address. The rule is you can have as many as you like, as long as each one is linked to a separate email address. I sell for quite a few people who can't do it themselves, so i didn't want all their items using up my 40 free listings. Hence my 8 accounts.  There is a limit for paypal - i think you can link 7 or 8 accounts.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You can link up to 8 email addresses to your Paypal account however you can use just the one email address for payments to go to, you don'r have to use the email address you use to open the account. I have 3 selling accounts but when I create a listinf for any of them they all have the same email address for payments.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply