Does Ebay only allow select items about which you can send an offer to the buyers?

Am I able to send an offer to a Watcher, in respect of any item I am selling?  If so how do I do that?

Or, am I only allowed to send the offer to those few items which come up on My Ebay page?  If so what is the criteria which Ebay uses to select those ones?

[I thought I posted this yesterday but can't see it.  Apologies if I am repeating myself.]

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does Ebay only allow select items about which you can send an offer to the buyers?

The short answer is you can only use the offers to watchers to the items that appear selected by ebay - these selections appear to be random or are selected by some obscure algorithm.      If you refresh the page you might see more items, on which you can send a offer.    And it changes from day to day.

That being said I tried the option on about 15 items and did not get a single reply, so my watchers were probably just tyre-kickers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The short answer is you can only use the offers to watchers to the items that appear selected by ebay - these selections appear to be random or are selected by some obscure algorithm.      If you refresh the page you might see more items, on which you can send a offer.    And it changes from day to day.

That being said I tried the option on about 15 items and did not get a single reply, so my watchers were probably just tyre-kickers.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yep, that's it. Didn't come up when I just searched. and no-one had responded, so I thought I'd imagined it!
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

They always seem to be the cheaper items. And yes that's been my experience too - not one reply.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If ever you want to quickly find any posts or threads you have made, just click on your eBay ID here in community.

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

yes I thought I did I could see all my posts but not that one.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply