Does anyone Use the Future Listing Feature?

Just wondering if any seller/s Ever Used the like the Future Listing to start listings Bit later than puting the listig up?

I know it costs .40Cents bit expesnive I thought.

What times of day/night do you use?

D'oh
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Just wondering if any seller/s Ever Used the like the Future Listing to start listings Bit later than puting the listig up?

I know it costs .40Cents bit expesnive I thought.

What times of day/night do you use?

I have used the scheduled start as a way of getting a listing number for an item.  Just set the listing to start in three weeks time so you have plenty of time to revise or complete the listing.  If you later revise the listing to "Start Immediately" you will not have to pay the 40 cents. I had a recent sale where a buyer requested a special order.  I scheduled the start time so that I could message the item number to her.  When she replied to the message I revised the listing and started it immediately.  Worked for both of us.

As for 40 cents being expensive, if it means you can determine the exact starting time of an auction then it may well be worth it.  You can always add 40 cents to your Postage & Handling charge to cover the expense as you do not have to give a breakdown of your P&H charge.

I used it in the past, partly to organise listings to start/end at the same time and also to have them start/end at a specific time. I haven't used it for a while because the profits aren't making the 40c worthwhile.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I use Turbolister.

Whilst I can't schedule listings through it, I can have them all ready to upload at a time of my choosing.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I use it often as I like my items to start at particular time and day of the week.  I do the listing and schedule it, then do not have worry about being at my computer at the time that I want it started.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, use it all the time. For instance, most ebayers will agree that it is better for auctions to finish at around 7pm - 9pm at night. So if you are in the mood to do some new listings at 4am in the morning, then it makes sense to use the scheduled listing fuction. Because you don't really want your auction to finish at 4am.

I also use it to relist stock items that have run out but I know I have more coming. I schedule the listing and leave it sitting there until the new stock comes in. That way i don't lose the listing details or the best match ranking.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

if you use a listing service such as Auctiva or Inkfrog the scheduled listing option is part of their service.

I use it for just about every listing I make in Inkfrog

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

When I did use it, one thing I liked was the freedom to edit it for free and as much as you want, right up until it was scheduled to start. For people like me who often think of changes that could be made or errors fixed, it was great because that little "last updated..." sign didn't show up when the listing started.

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit listings in the Unsold area before you relist them again, but not using the scheduling feature? I'd like to edit some things and leave them there until some other things finish, so I can edit them all and then do a bulk relist.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply