Doing NICE THINGS For Buyers & Sellers

Some sellers and buyers on Ebay have grown bitter about their experiences here, but I think it's important to still do the nice/ right things on a regular basis and not let the buyers who misbehave, allow Ebay to become a negative experience. A few examples;

1. The buyer spent 1.25 and then became worried that it would not arrive in time for her daughter's birthday. We drove 24km [outside of our 5 day handling] to make sure that it arrived in time. Too easy.

2. A buyer's pc monitor showed a shade of green, when the item was more blue. She was still happy with the item but told us about it anyway. We offered free postage on her next order ... plus will improve listings upon her telling us.

3. We give a small free gift with every purchase, even 1.25. We make sure that it matches the content or the colour of the order.

4. We take great care and attention to detail in packing our orders, imagining the buyers response when they open the package, putting ourselves in their place ... If they are having an off day, our order may bring some cheer ...

5. Ops, we were oput of stock on that one. So we refunded the buyer with apologies and included a free gift in lieu of the error. A good freebie that went with the order, not a cheapie.

6. We do take the time to fill in Ebay surveys letting them know when their staff have been helpful and why ...

That's 6 examples from the past month. We don't do it for the feedback  [if we cared/ or were scared about feedback, we would give in to the numerous scammers/ and other idiots and have 100% positive. We do it because its the right thing to do.

Now something nice for sellers ... if an item is broken in the mail and it is not the sellers fault, we do the right thing as a buyer and offer to go halves in the loss.  Having been there myself as a seller, it's not fair that they have to wear the total loss.

The little extras do matter. For us ... they keep the experience here poisitive and that's how it's going to stay. Cheers~!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Well said, I for one totally agree with you, excellent

But wait, there's more - 'Bang Bang they shot me down, Bang Bang I hit the ground' lolol it won't happen overnight, but it will happen lolol :))

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I do this, makes me have a better selling experience than getting stress over loosing out over a few dollars.

Keep it simple, keep it positive and you have a better life.

It is easy to get paranoid being suspicious and defensive.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I sent a newbie seller money yesterday because she had grossly undercharged on the postage and by the time eBay and PayPal took their fees, she would have been in the negative for the sale of that item.

Re broken items, it depends. If I can see an item is packed well and the damage is obviously due to mishandling, I will let the seller know that it arrived broken, but don't hold them responsible and I certainly wouldn't ask for a refund.

If an item is packaged poorly, then yes, I will hit the seller up for a refund. One example is, I bought some crockery plates from one seller and some coffee mugs from another. The one that packed the plates put a single sheet of cut newspaper between the plates, then wrapped the bundle in a full single sheet of newspaper, then stuck them in a satchel bag.

They were probably broken before they even left the PO. When I contacted her, she couldn't see what the issue was, but refunded me anyway after I said I would need to open up a PayPal case. HUH??? What use is a single sheet of newspaper when a plate gets dropped on a concrete floor? Not only was it a pure waste of vintage plates, it was dangerous to the postal workers.

The mug seller wrapped each cup in a single layer of newspaper, than wrapped a single later of bubble wrap around each one. She then wrapped a single sheet of that thin craft cardboard like kids would use at school around the 4 cups. They then got stuffed in a 3kg satchel bag. Same story, they were probably broken before they even left the PO. She felt like a real fool and wondered what she was thinking. She couldn't refund me quick enough. Again, a waste of good vintage cups and a danger to the postal workers.

Usually when I buy something, I will always let the seller know when my item has arrived, especially if it's something that has either come from overseas, or comes large letter without tracking. Most really appreciate it. I know I have been left wondering so many times if what I've sent has arrived, so if nothing else, it puts the seller out of their misery wondering. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply