EBay threw me under the Bus

Had a buyer file a “I didn’t receive the item “.

ebay asked for tracking which i provided and showed they received it. I then get a notification that the buyer wasn’t refunded because tracking clearly showed they received it. The buyer then appealed the decision and I get a new notification stating I didn’t supply tracking in time and the refund was reversed so now I’m out off pocket. EBay you scumbags threw me under the bus after how much money you make from my listings - where’s the honesty. Ssuteremotecars.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Nobody here makes any money from you

This is a member to member forum - buyers and sellers like you

Nobody from eBay reads here

Nobody here is responsible for what eBay does/decides 

I would suggest contacting them and asking for a supervisor, but since you have a habit of leaving false positive feedback, I won't. It is against eBay policy (as you would be well aware of) so rewarding 'scumbags' with green ticks is only going to get you in strife if buyers report it, or eBay see it

Lucky they don't read here after all 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Did you upload tracking when you first posted it?

If the transaction in question was over $750, you would have needed to send Signature on Delivery. What was the value of the parcel?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know for sure, but it sounds to me as if you needed to upload the tracking twice.

First for the claim. Which you did and which you won, because the tracking showed they had received the item.

But then when the buyer appealed the decisionm maybe you needed to upload that tracking again?

I agree with you though that it should not have been necessary and if the reps had the details of the case they should have been able to see the original tracking details. It is very poor on ebay's part. Extremely poor.

I do think you should contact ebay again though and go through this-explain tracking was provided which is why you won the original case. Keep calm and polite. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you need to.

It could happen that they will decide to reimburse you at their cost. They won't take the money off the buyer but at least you may get your money back. Worth a try.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@springy - it's often true that you need to upload it into the case, even if it was entered into the transaction.

Perhaps the OP didn't upload the tracking originally? Or maybe they didn't send within their handling time?

The OP hasn't clarified the value of the parcel and since he has some VERY expensive stuff, I think maybe he didn't send with SOD, which is why the unscrupulous buyer is taking advantage.

OP will hopefully come back to give more info.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe this seller is one of those rouges that use false tracking numbers 🤔

(I have absolutely no proof of this, merely an opinion) 😘

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I don't think so. I am definitely not gettin g that impression.

The anger is too real. Ssuture has a lot of positive feedback and has been a member for about 18 years so I feel he is a genuine seller. I'd feel confident enough to buy from him.

There is a possibility the buyer is genuine too and never received the item because it was stolen off a doorstep or whatever. I only say that as I wouldn't expect a scammer to make a claim when there was actually tracking information to show it was delivered. Perhaps Jelly is right and it wasn't sent SOD.

I am getting the vibe that the seller uploaded tracking details to the actual dispute when it was first opened, which is why the buyer lost the claim. Then they lost it on the appeal. My impression was he was meant to show tracking for that but didn't get it in in time. I don't know if I have it right though, so it would be good if Ssuture came back to let us know the details.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply