Ebay AU File Exchange Account

I'm interested in learning more about uploading/revising listings using File Exchange.

I've located and downloaded the advanced instructions PDF document. Cool! Lots of info in there to learn about.

But in there it says that you have to be registered for the service to use it which I am not.

And I need to get a token which I cant get until I'm registered.

I've gone to the link suggested and tried to find how to register in the help files but cannot see any link to apply.

Anyone have a link where I can apply please?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

gec2002
Community Member

You sign up to the developers program here:

https://go.developer.ebay.com/what-ebay-api

Just remember when you develop that super cool api that makes all your items top of Best Match I get a free copy, and not have to pay the Gazillion dollars you will be charging for it..

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You can subscribe to File Exchange through your My eBay > Account > Subscriptions. There's no fee.

We use both the US and Aus versions. The US version has more features which seem to eventually get added to the Aus version.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

gec2002
Community Member

You sign up to the developers program here:

https://go.developer.ebay.com/what-ebay-api

Just remember when you develop that super cool api that makes all your items top of Best Match I get a free copy, and not have to pay the Gazillion dollars you will be charging for it..

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You can subscribe to File Exchange through your My eBay > Account > Subscriptions. There's no fee.

We use both the US and Aus versions. The US version has more features which seem to eventually get added to the Aus version.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

OK Thanks guys.
Will sign up for this tomorrow.
And get onto the steep learning curve.
We only list and sell in AU so therefore I assume we can use only the AU version.

I think if I ever developed an API nobody would ever want to use it but me. But I am a bit of a excel guru so intend to put something together in that to make it easier to list.
I already use a similar way to list on our BigCommerce site using Webdav to upload images to their sever. So I already know I can get my images into EBay listings from the very same URL location.
So do have some ideas to experiment with.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your help.

One of our accounts registered successfully.

The other one it said denied as we don't list more than 50 items in a month.

It took me 5 tries to get a successful product upload.

Now I need to try to get a product with variations to work. That will be a trick methinks. Most of our products have variations.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply