Ebay Estimated Delivery Times in Listings

Hi All

I just looked at one of my listings and ebay has estimated delivery as on or before 11 Feb.

This would be impossible me me to attain as I live in Perth and if I posted something tomorrow there is no way it could be delivered anywhere in the Eastern States by 11 Feb as a letter post item takes 2 days to capital cities and 3 days to other areas.

Is this because I am offering free postage on the items that go letter post.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Nope-its because ebay live in the land of the fluffy white clouds far removed from the reality of the great Australian divide 😄 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Didn't someone mention something about AusPost inventing a teleportation device. I hope they get it at my local post office.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hi, Just looked at about 10 of your listings and they all state Feb 15th. Both free post and paid postage listings.

Otherwise could be an updating problem, especially being friday maintenance day.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Didn't someone mention something about AusPost inventing a teleportation device. I hope they get it at my local post office.

I want them to give it to my new postie 1st because he can't walk 5 steps to front door & I'm collecting VH complaint numbers like some people collect stamps X-(

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The delivery time eBay shows people who look at your listings is based on your stated handling time, their location and selected delivery service. If you have a 0 day handling time, meaning you post the same day as an item is purchased, average (standard) delivery from Perth to Perth  is being calculated as next business day (because when you look at your own listings, the time frame is based on your location). A letter may be delivered the next day, but parcels usually take  at least two business days for local delivery.

It's showing as 14th Feb for me (Adelaide). 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

When creating a listing with one day handling time does that mean an entire day? So someone orders Monday it takes all of tuesday to "handle" and is then posted Wednesday.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

One day = 24 hours. So a one day handling time means purchase 2pm Monday, item is posted by 2pm Tuesday.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

...with the exception of weekends and public holidays. i.e Purchase 4pm Friday, and a 1 day handling time should mean the item is posted by 4pm Monday.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Log out of your id and look at the listing again as a guest, you will see a completely different timescale.

If you are looking at it signed in you are seeing the estimated delivery time to your suburb.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply