Ebay Feedback system is it antiquated nowadays ?

Noticed these days very few buyers leave any feedback, only the angry ones, who do not wait to see if the problem can be sorted. Could be buyers are to busy these days to go back and leave feedback, or its not really obvious that one can do so. The only ones who leave feedback ( negative ) are the angry neejerk reaction buyers who do not give you a chance to sort the problems out, before leaving a negative. As someone pointed out not so bad if sellers do not leave feedback, better than a negative, but if only ones leaving feedback are negative, and very few positives, does not do your rating anygood.

Cheers

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

About 60% of my customers leave feedback, and it is almost all lovely.  I do agree up to a point about the neg leavers though, more often than not they leave feedback without contacting the seller to give thm an opportunity to sort out the issue.  Thankfully though, I don't get many of those.

What I do think is unfair is that neutrals count against us in the defect rate, as do dispute cases, even if we resolve them to the buyers satisfaction.  My one and only INR dispute was back in April, and was closed the day after it was opened when the item arrived (within the delivery timeframe I might add).  Yet the dispute still counts as a defect on my report.  If a dispute is resolved and a case closed with a positive result, it should NOT count against the seller, after all isn't that the ultimate in customer service?  I know when I first started out in retail, and I was taught that customer service begins with the first issue and is judged by how you handle it.  After sale service is even more important than the sale.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hi Penny,

yep fully agree with that, though i see Ebay rates you on the amount of communiction you had with the Buyer, it appears now if a buyer purchases a item of you and there is no communication between the seller and buyer, that gets five stars, well bugger me dead with the items we sell we get a lot of questions before a buyer makes a descion to purchase, so all this customer service is hurting our standing ???? Have appealed to Ebay for removal of that last negative, as buyer demanded we pay his import duties or will leave negative feedback, explained as we say in our listings  " Payment of any taxes or duties on this item are the responsibility of the purchaser " so believe that comes under Feedback extortion

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply