Ebay/Gumtree promo zero selling fees.

twid63
Community Member

Hi All,

i've been using Gumtree promo of two free listings per month with zero fees ever since i discovered the promo. Before Managed Payments, I used to get paid via PayPal and I would get paid in full with no issue.

Now with the Managed Payments system, I only get partially paid as ebay deduct fees they normally would on a normal sale. However, because I'm using the Gumtree promo, I don't get charged any fees.

Apparently now the protocol is, I get paid partially now with fees deducted and then get reimbursed (by presumably ebay) up to 60 days later.  There appears to be some confusion with regard to when I will get paid by as well because speaking to a Rep through online chat, I've been told up to 15 days, a month and 60 days by another Rep.

I've never been through this process before because the first time I made a sale after Managed Payments was implemented and queried when I will be reimbursed, ebay reimbursed me immediately "as a courtesy."

Moreover, ebay provides no official correspondence anywhere to indicate that this is a zero fees sale through Gumtree and that I will be paid later so I'm kind of hoping and waiting, fingers crossed, that they haven't forgotten about me and will eventually reimburse me what they deducted in fees.

I don't even know why they have to deduct anything in the first place if it's through promo. I feel it just adds to confusion and is unnecessary when it's all coming out of their coffers anyway (and not a situation where Gumtree has to reimburse ebay and then ebay reimburses me, I presume).

Anyone else been through this process and can reassure me that I will in fact get reimbursed (and hopefully not have to wait until 60 days because that is a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait to be reimbursed).

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anyone else been through this process

No. I am not mug enough to list on Gumtree

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

fare_59
Community Member

Been on chat multiple times. Apparently the issue is being worked on. I want my FVF back.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Too lazy to look, but there is another thread about this on the boards somewhere, on going for quite a while I believe.......

most replies were to just keep hounding eBay until you get your refund.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

what does that even mean? 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply