Ebay Refund for 24kg Postage Label Issue

I received an email (see below) recently from Ebay due the problems with the Ebay 22kg and not being able to scan through Aust Post stating they would be refunding for postage labels printed within a certain period in march this year and the credit would appear by 17 April 2015.

Checked today and I have received a credit for $17.05 which does not add up to the 4 lables printed within 9 - 20 March as stated in the email.

Has any other seller received their credit?? and if so does it add up??

"We’re sorry! During the period 9th March to 20th March, the usually reliable postage label printing service experienced some technical issues, and we believe this impacted you.

Firstly, we want to apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and/or your business. We know how valuable your time is.

Secondly, we want you to know that we’re working hard to prevent disruptions like this happening again.

Thirdly, we’re looking after you. We’ll be issuing a credit to your account which reimburses you for the full amount of labels purchased during the disruption, plus a little bit extra to cover the cost of the next label you purchase on the eBay platform. Your credit will be applied to your account by 17 April and reflected on your next invoice.

Additionally, any transaction defects we can identify as resulting from this issue will be removed and have no impact on your selling performance record.

Thank you for using eBay and our postage label printing service. We sincerely hope you continue to use both".

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I got a credit of $17.15..... would love to know which labels they are for

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I am now assuming the credits are for the labels that were incorrectly charged by eBay.

I had about four and got a credit of around $24 - which is about right, with a bit extra kicked as eBay indicated they were doing.

That being said I too initially expected the way eBay worded their email that they were crediting ALL labels processed with errors - seems not to be the case.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Got the same email. The way it was worded was that ALL postage during the dates stated would be refunded. I got roughly $24 but was expecting $86
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your info.

Yes I have spent many many hours by email and on the telephone when my invoices have been incorrect and Ebay have overcharged me for seller fees etc. All this money adds up ans I am sure many don;t check their invoices.

I recently spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone regarding receiving my Postage Credits for Oct Nov Dec 2014. Finally got it back..as I should! A total Credit of $56.00 so sell worth the time arguing with them

I will telephone as I find this actually quicker and if I don't get results I ask to speak to a supervisor. This has always worked!!!

Thanks again will contact them by telephone tomorrow and also let you and other sellers know the outcome
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Gosh Helen, you reminded me I have not followed up my post credits for end of 2014 either ....  I put that task on hold with fingers crossed the credits would just appear, but better chase it up  

*sigh*

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

no they certainly won't unless you call 

When I telephoned re postage credits for last year.. the CS did not even know about it!!!  May have been a new staff member.

So had to tell her what I wanted..why I was entitled to it.. and for what period it was.

On this occasion... after many previous calls telling me it was just a delay and they woud appear... received the credits with a couple of days

But yes..it is the thought of all the "lost" time it takes to get back money owed that should automatically be credited!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry was logged in under my husband's ID
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just got off the phone from Ebay again!!

I was told I would receive credit for all items posted between 9 - 20 March but it would not appear by the 17 April..as stated in the letter but it would appear on my April invoice..Bet it doesn't!

I also enquired about the credit already received for the $17.00.. she could not tell me what this related to??? Only that it was a credit for postage

Yet another call I am sure I will be making next month when credits not received again

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply