Ebay fees are a joke!!

tazz2250
Community Member

Well, this is becoming a common subject in this forum.. Not only the system to sell is not user friendly, but more, Ebay is stealing the seller in imposing his absolutely unjustifiable Fees.. For each $500 you sell, they charge you $45 . This doesn't count their payment system Paypal Owned by Ebay, that also make you pay fees for receiving money from buyers..

I have tried to sell a car, for $500 , the car was bought by a spoof bidder with zero feedback, that sent me emails asking me to sell the car without even waiting for the end of Auction.. Not only we saw the car going just for $500, no one bet on it while the value was over $1000, but now, this guy won the Auction, did not pay for it, live in Victoria when the pick up was well advertised in NSW , his contact number was disconnected, and he did not answer my emails.. BUT EBAY will charge me anyway regardless of me having to deal with all that crap.. Ebay, one thing, stop being greedy and reduce the fees or be ready to hit the rock bottom like many websites.. Already, I can tell there is a very sharp decrease on people using Ebay to sell.. Me to start with, I will never sell again anything using Ebay, I am disgusted of your EXORBITING fees THAT YOU CANNOT JUSTIFY JUST BECAUSE YOU RUN IT.. we are the ppls that make you win the money, so be a bit more smart and stop using us as milk cows.. soon it will turn very sour and you will have just smelling bad cheese on your table. I invite everyone to comment and say honestly what you think because the more you say, the better they will understand... thanks.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Ebay fees are a joke!!

Open a non payer case,wait 4 days,close & you'll receive a refund of your FVF-simple.

TSFE :-x

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

The fees are there for you to see before you even list to decide IF you want to sell via ebay.

There is nothing hidden about it.

IF an item was worth $1,000 then it would have sold for $1,000.

Anything is ONLY worth what the bidders want to pay.

As for the fees, open a non payer dispute 4 days after the sale ends and then 4 days later close the dispute to be credited back the FVF you paid .

Nothing ripping you off there, again it is ALL there for you too read IF you want to take the time to do so.

Click on the Resolve a problem from the drop down to the right of the sold item to open the dispute.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

Ebay fees have just made a massive jump in the USA.... sellers are not happy!

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

And you don't have to and shouldn't) accept Paypal for vehicle sales.

Might pay to read the site map re vehicle selling before your next attempt.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

$45 to sell a car is actually pretty cheap

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

and $15.00 to list a car at auction (not even taking into account reserve fees)  EVERYTIME   and continually ending up with Non paying bidders is time consuming and not cheap at all.

In fact it is infuriating for the seller... and very profitable for ebay...

It is nearly impossible to use exclusion tools because most of my sales of vehicles come from low feedback bidders (think new or low use ebayers)... and that is generally the same profile that NPB have.....  except the real ones pay

Thank the lord for the positive feedback comments left by affected sellers for NPB

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

the insertion fee is $8, not $15

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

woops I got reserve fees $14.95 and listing fees $8.00  costs mixed up

......  so at $22.95 per list ebay's profit from a NPB for a vehicle auction sale is even more profitable.... so a no reserve  NPB vehicle auction is 800% more profitable than those NPB auctions afforded to the normal ebay member that can 30 items at auction for nothing... I wonder wher ebay make up the technical cost shortfall.....hmm.

On friday when I checked there were 6500 odd private seller listings in contrast to the 15000 odd listings that were private sellers 12 months ago.... I believe the amount of NPBs is a major factor in the declining private offering

I just went to verify the amount but it appears I cannot now separate private sellers from business sellers in the vehicle section???

what is this link all about???

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/fs5

Introducing a new fee structure

coming soon

LMAO.,,, is this an ebay au woops?

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay fees are a joke!!

Ebay ripping us off again. How much money do they need to make?

If they didn't charge a fee for Paypal as well it wouldnt be so bad.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply