Ebay issued refunds but never had my items returned

Today I get home to two emails. That two cases had been closed in the buyers favour and that ebay have refunded the buyers.

1) Buyer claimed item never arrived however tracking says it did.

2) Buyer opened case out of spite as she expected standard post to arrive in 1 night.

so not two bogus cases have been closed, payments taken fom my paypal and no items returned.

is this common?

How can ebay make these dicisions?

what should I do now i have no items or payments?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you reply to the 2 cases when they were first opened?

Ebay cannot take your money without giving you a chance to answer the case.

Did you upload the tracking that says the item was delivered?  If the buyer did not get it you can hardly expect it to be returned.

Have you checked with AP to see if it was signed for or whether it was safe dropped?

As for the slow delivery.....how long did it take....and did you actually check with AP to see if there was a problem?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

We had a very odd Return Case finalised this week in one of our stores...

A buyer complained the item dimensions were wrong.  We responded with photographs and suggestions to solve their problem.  Never heard back after 2 weeks, so we assumed the problem was solved but the buyer would not close the case.  We asked eBay to step in and they closed the case in the Buyers favour and refunded their money (**bleep** ?).... but we got paid too - eBay paid both of us out at their expense !!

"eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of AU $26.00 without any impact to you. This case is now closed. You're not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case won't be counted in your seller performance evaluation".

How weird is that ?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

eBay do this sometimes. Happened to me a few weeks ago with an eReader I sold.

The buyer opened a SNAD dispute because they were having issues setting up their account on it, yet admitted the eReader was fully functional, contradicting the SNAD reason given.

eBay chat said by doing so the buyer had basically invalidated their claim and I wouldn't lose a dispute. In the end eBay found I was not at fault but refunded the buyer themselves, so no impact on me - everyone wins.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Oh dear, not sure your rant in your description-especially the CAPS in RED- regarding buyers

complaining about the postage time would exactly entice me to buy from you-eek !!

Do yourself a favour and remove it-please.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@foxette-in-sox wrote:

Oh dear, not sure your rant in your description-especially the CAPS in RED- regarding buyers

complaining about the postage time would exactly entice me to buy from you-eek !!

Do yourself a favour and remove it-please.

Eek! Not sure the above "advice" is in any way relevant to the OP's question!  The 'rant' - as you've termed it - concludes with, "IF YOU DO NOT AGREE PLEASE PURCHASE ELSEWHERE", so I'd say OP isn't too bothered about enticing you to make a purchase.

Given eBay's postage estimates are well known to be wildly optimistc it's fair enough they've posted a warning in their description, especially with the experience they've just had.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply