Ebay marking items as posted

It would be really helpful to have a way to keep track of items I have posted.  I can't tell which items have been posted because ebay just automatically marks them as posted (without any actual knowledge of whether they have been posted). So I don't get to use the tracking function to track the progress of my sales. Has anyone found a way around that?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

yes, don't upload the tracking details until you've posted the item

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I'm assuming you are using ebay postage labels. As soon as you generate the label, ebay mark it as posted. My suggestion would be to sign up for Aust Post Business and buy your postage labels there. It's free to join. Otherwise, hand write (or manually print) your postage label and then take it to the PO and pay for postage there. Then you can manually upload the tracking number when the item has been posted.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

They only mark them as posted if you have printed a label.

In which case you will either have a spare label on the printer,  or a box sitting at your front door waiting to go to the Post Office

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

What - you are having difficulty with all 3 items. ??

Surely you know - when you hand them over - they're ' posted '.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe print the labels when the parcels are ready to go? 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

They only mark them as posted if you have printed a label.

In which case you will either have a spare label on the printer,  or a box sitting at your front door waiting to go to the Post Office

I don't print labels.....and when I manually upload tracking details, eBay assumes that item has been posted....they disappear into sent file

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

When you post the parcels do you put them in a post box or hand them over the counter in a PO and get them scanned?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

It might pay you to keep some records of your sales, rather than rely on eBay to do your thinking for you. eBay don't think - they use far less than AI algorithms.

The ATO will require that information in the event they audit you.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply