Ebay not allowing me to reply to messages

gliost49
Community Member

Persons are contacting me re items I am selling but ebay will not allow me to reply to their mesaages

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If you are putting in the replies any contact info ie phone number or email address or anything ebay deem as you taking the sale away from the ebay site then you are not able to send the message and it should tell you the reason.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

when you say you are not allowed to.. what sort of error message are you getting? is it along the lines of what sparklz has said? if so, it's self-explanatory.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

EXACTLY AS THE OTHER MEMBER STATED !

past few days this message appears above where you are trying to reply-

"To keep everyone safe on eBay, please don't send messages that include contact info. Repeated attempts could lead to an account suspension or other penalties. Learn more about our member-to-member contact policy." 

AND NOW THERE IS NO PLACE TO WRITE YOUR REPLY !

usually you get a window area to type into .

now there is no reply window, and your ebay ID is hard up against the top of where the reply window should be,

and you only get the option to send - even though the screen is empty !

SOME TECHNICIANS SECURITY UPDATE HAS GONE BELLY-UP

PS

and like WHERE IS any HTML in this window ?!?!

trying to post this reply I am seeing this-

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied. "

come on ebay - what the heck is goin on ????!!?!?!?!?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

and ...
how is anyone supposed to do direct bank transfer today IF you aren't allowed to send the buyer/seller your details ??
this over security is getting out of hand !
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

- and continuing,
I've tried several different browsers, and on different computers also, just in case there was a scripting issue, but all produce the same result.

over the past 15 years I have seen too many changes on ebay, and only a few to the benefit of the members .
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

TRY doing a REPLY now - it looks to have been fixed.

I managed to leave messages to ebay through their "tell us what you think" link complaining about this problem, and a couple of other errors.
Today it appears to have been remedied .
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@digitrog wrote:
and ...
how is anyone supposed to do direct bank transfer today IF you aren't allowed to send the buyer/seller your details ??
this over security is getting out of hand !

You can exchange details once a buyer has purchased, but not before they have commited to buy.

The missing reply dialogue box was a glitch. I got it a few times then it was fixed

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I occasionally sell vintage car parts, and used to get local buyers come around and measure up a part to see if was suitable for their car.

This was before Ebays non-sensical "no contact details" policy.  I still get potential buyers wanting contact details, so they can discuss if the part is really what they want. I could not be stuffed sending 125 emails back and forth with explanations (which you can do in about 2 minutes of real live talking on the phone!).

So the potential buyers ask for contact details , I have to tell them about this dumb situation, I lose a sale, Ebay loses their commision,
fantastic!! Winners all round!!!
Where will it end??  

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I want to tell the seller my actions so that I know whether to send the item back as I feel that it may be faulty.
So how do I talk to the seller???
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply