Ebay postage price estimates incorrect

Are we able to set our own postage rates when listing items from a mobile phone?
I have listed a few items and selected an AusPost 3kg prepaid bag as the option. Ebay lists this as $12 something postage. However Auspost 3kg bags are $13.80 each.
Is there a way to enter $13.80 as the amount? I know it's not a huge difference but when some of my items are only selling for a few dollars, that extra $ something coupled with ebay and paypal fees makes it hardly worth my time.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have only ever used ebay on the laptop, however do you get the 'select postage myself' tab on the phone?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Sounds like you are selecting the eBay 3kg satchel and not the Aus post 3 kg satchel,(make certain the word

eBay isn't on the postage line).

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Another option would be to use the ebay satchels which are slightly cheaper.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, you should be able to enter your own postage cost. On the sell an item screen, tap on the postage and local pick up option. If you're using a 3kg Aust Post satchel, select it from the dropdown at the top. If a box doesn't then pop up to manually enter the postage cost, scroll down to where it says "show more". Select the first show more (the second one is for international postage). Tap on the down arrow next to domestic postage type and select "flat: same cost to all buyers". Then go back to the top and tap on the dropdown arrow where you've added the satchel and you should now get a box pop up to enter the postage amount. Remember to add a bit extra to cover the postage fees.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks all!!
You're right - from my phone I couldn't see it was using ebay post satchels. I'm finding it much easier to use from computer.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply