Ebay privacy concerns

whiskey44agogo
Community Member

I have a gold standard selling with Ebay and now it seems you want to update my details including drivers license govt number and so on this is unacceptable and will no longer deal with you a touch to far with (big brother)!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay privacy concerns

No, other members do not want your details

Perhaps contact eBay and let them know all about it

Honestly, they will not even notice you are gone

Not sure why you think being 'gold standard' would grant you special rules, nor why it has just become an issue now when it has all been done to death for well over a year now

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay privacy concerns

@whiskey44agogo wrote:

I have a gold standard selling with Ebay and now it seems you want to update my details including drivers license govt number and so on this is unacceptable and will no longer deal with you a touch to far with (big brother)!!!

Wow, how do you get a Gold standard, did you pay extra.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay privacy concerns

I'm with sugar. eBay don't do 'gold standard', nor do they care if you don't want to comply with Australian Government laws.

I am 'Top rated', which is the best you can get, even if you're a razor.

Don't slam the door.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay privacy concerns

I just opened my second shop yesterday. I gave them my passport number and banks details so they could deposit 2 micro transactions. Entered those amounts today and was up and running right away. Whole process took me 5 minutes and I'm busy listing like a lunatic.

Paypal required personal information when we reached a certain level of sales and most of us sellers also had to give them proof of ID at some point, so this is no different, it's just a new company which also has to comply with Aus government regulations. 

Amazon does the same thing - in fact it's far more intrusive to open an account there compared to here, as they demand much, much more information, so I consider myself quite fortunate on this platform.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply