Ebay removes any threat daring to criticize them

comcol
Community Member

Notice how so many threads just 'disappear' that have a complaint about the actions Ebay has been taking. Seems they can treat sellers (their employers) like dirt but dare state things they have done and it's bye bye..

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I and loads of others have started threads that criticized eBay and they have not been removed so I am surprised by your statement.

For example = DGs post about prefering to get an insane level of paper cuts and having lemon juice or the like poured over them rather than contact customer service about a particular will stick in my mind forever and that post was not removed - it sure ain't the postive review Cat SurprisedCat LOL

TBH over time, I not sure how I could be any more scathing of eBays inept customer service without copping slaps and getting posts removed for profanity.

In some cases, there are others that post highly negative statements about eBay and I cannot believe that they are not removed as they are contain a high level of misinformation.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

There is one poster in particular who regularly makes some very negative comments about ebay and paypal and they are never removed.

TBH there are very few threads removed these days and those that are removed are usually threads that are not about ebay/paypal in particular but are threads that have degenerated into personal name calling and derogatory remarks.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Agree with you Lyndal.

Such agreement definitely calls for the faints dead away emoticon ....

fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I've said some pretty derogatory things about eBay (with good cause IMO) on more occasions than I can remember, yet to date I can't recall ever having a post or thread removed, nor even a slap, for that matter. I'm constantly calling them a pack of thieving mongrels and worse for introducing the FVF on postage, and will continue to do so at every opportunity. Don't forget that eBay don't read these boards and merely pay Lithium Technologies to host them, and I doubt they give a toss what anybody says about eBay, particularly when most of it is the truth.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I can vouch that some people employed at eBay read the boards and provide instruction to Lithium from time to time.

I don't care if anyone believes me or not.  I believe it.

catfoil_zpsedefb57b_clipped_rev_2.jpeg

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Agree with you Lyndal.

Such agreement definitely calls for the faints dead away emoticon ....

fainting-smiley-emoticon.gif

Which is why I gave you a kudo Cats.Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

CQ, you were the subject of my post above....I just decided not to name names.   I am very glad your recollections are the same as mine re the removal/or not of your posts.

Cats....records are being broken tonight....I agree ebay definitely do read these boards.  Maybe not regularly, but enough to be aware of anything controversial.   I doubt that they would concern themselves with a newbie who wants ebay to ring them or other subjects along those lines, but I would bet dollars to donuts that they are aware of the controversy over their new policies.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

today's test:  find the site map

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I can vouch that some people employed at eBay read the boards and provide instruction to Lithium from time to time.

I don't care if anyone believes me or not.  I believe it.

catfoil_zpsedefb57b_clipped_rev_2.jpeg

I hope ebay do read the posts from time to time. Maybe then, they can gauge on how folk feel about their rapidly imploding empire.  

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply