Ebay stopping items from being found in search

Hi

Has anyone with a store experienced items that you have paid for to be listed are not coming up when you try to search for them using 2 search words ?

I contacted ebay and this is what they said which I thought was interesting..... " Please know that we don't decide which sellers or listings will show up at the top of search results. A search algorithm, which is a computer program, considers multiple factors to decide where items will be placed in search results. Although we created the algorithm, we don’t control how specific listings or sellers will be placed in search. There are, however, some best practises that you can follow to help make sure your listings do as well as they can in search"

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have a read round the boards.....it has been discussed at great length many times.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Their standard answer.  Won't admit that it's broken, and they don't know how to fix it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

They havent answered your qestion - I assume you meant that an item wasnt showing in search AT ALL. ebay has answered with "we dont control WHERE and item turns up in search - the algorithm does".  Nice.

Search through these boards - items not showing up in search (beyond the time it takes for them to be listed) has been talked about for a long, long time. Everything from "Ebay dont know how to fix it" to "throttling" (Ebay directing traffic away from small sellers to forfil contractual obligations on sell numbers / dollars with their larger sellers) and "blackouts" (hiding small seller items altogether), have been discussed.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply