Ebays calls me a liar.

Item sold to Canada. Took over four weeks for delivery. Reason?? who knows - I didnt accompany it around the world.

Buyer opens an INR and 3 days later closes it as it arrived. Happy. +feedback left

Checked my seller seller dashboard. A defect for INR dispute.

Ebay says because I cant provide a tracking number to prove  I posted it when I said I did the defect wont be removed. Seller sent a message stating his mail delivery has been slow to date. Ebay has read this.

So Ive now got a defect and the buyer has his item and is happy. Ebay says Im a liar and the defect stays.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebays calls me a liar.

Have you phoned Ebay?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ebays calls me a liar.

Yes, transferred and put on hold. Waited as they investigated. No tracking number means I cant prove when I posted it so defect stay.

I mentioned my location, buyers location, buyers message. As I didnt hand deliver it I dont know why it took so long. But it must be my fault??

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ebays calls me a liar.

It's a pain but I would ring them again & ask for a supervisor...you have all the proof needed, including good feedback for the transaction. I have been in the same situation & had 'defect' removed....good luck!
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ebays calls me a liar.

Ebay's call centre operators hard at work...

Monkeys-typing.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ebays calls me a liar.

eBay isn't calling you a liar. They require tracking numbers to be provided for item not received disputes. If seller didn't send item by trackable post, the defect stays (no matter if item arrived later and buyer is happy).

It's the fact the buyer has to open a dispute that earns a defect.

I have not been able to get a defect removed (for item not received claim) because there was no tracking on the parcel I sent (oseas one also).

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply