Email about ending auction.

qball28
Community Member
I got an email to end my auction early a few days ago, but it's not a buy it now or best offer! And can't end it with a buyer and they pay though ebay. So, is it suspicious, should I end it? and pay fees (of course) to avoid negative.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Before I offer any advice, do you mind clarifying who the email was from, and the reason they asked the listing to be ended early?

eg Was it a potential buyer who wanted to purchase it outside of ebay? 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi qball, I'm taking it that the buyer wants you to end the auction now on the Atlas, that they have made a bid on? Is that correct? 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Yes! It was the buyer. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If you wanted to, you could end the listing and sell to the current bidder at the current price, as long as you were happy to only get the current price. If it's the current bidder and they offered a higher, acceptable price, you can also cancel their bid, end the listing and relist as a Buy It Now for them - that's all ok to do by eBay, as long as you're willing to accept the price they've offered and are ok with not letting the auction run its course.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Qball, im curious if you use phone and using the "go" keyboard?
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I mostly use ipad to post here and the ipad onscreen keyboard, why?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Oooh, ok, i thought you were using the above because of you smiley face pic. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply