Error Message - Buyer Attempting to Purchase Buy It Now (section 159)

Hi guys.

I'm trying to contact eBay directly wanted to put this out on the forums also and ask if anyone else has seen this problem.

I've just had a buyer contact me saying they can't purchase an item from me. I have all my store listings set up as Buy it Now and the buyer must pay via PayPal immediately (I've had too many no-payers in the past so I decided to eliminate that by insisting on payment on purchase).

Now... this buyer has said they go to buy the item and it comes up with:

"it says the seller is trying to get a higher price than the cart price which is not supported by eBay (section 159)"

I've never seen this error before. I haven't made any changes to my settings recently and I can't find any information on this error in eBay's help section or on a google search.

Is anyone familiar with it and if so, what's the deal with it?

Cheers! Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what the story is.

Wild guess really, but perhaps ask them to check and clear their cart, sounds like they have goods in the cart already that are somehow conflicting with their purchase from you.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I actually have a buyer who told me something similar 3 days ago.

I assumed they were justing trying to buy time for payment as I have never heard of such a thing.

I don't have it set up for immediate payment.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

I agree with catspjs that it is probably a cart issue.  Had a buyer last week who had my item in their cart, but could not complete the transaction.  Suggested (and subsequently they did) remove the item from the cart, and purchase and payment was able to be completed.

Apparently there is an eBay glitch with items being added to a buyer's cart.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I had one the other day that HADN'T paid but still got a message from eBay that payment had been received!

(He was using bank deposit and sent me a screen cap of the message)

Poor chap didn't know if he'd payed or not till he checked his account a day later.

There are definitely some bugs in the system ATM.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply