FTP EBAY SERVER - WHAT IS IT AND DO I NEED ONE?

I am currently in the process of upgrading my eBay Store and listing templates through an online company.  They have now come back and asked

"Hosting space to upload images (we need FTP access to upload your store files). If you don’t have one, then we can offer you eBay specialized hosting"

I assume this will be at a cost.  So my question is do I need this or is it just revenue raising on there behalf given that I have no idea?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"I assume this will be at a cost.  So my question is do I need this or is it just revenue raising on there behalf given that I have no idea?"

You must know the answer! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Google file transfer protocol servers and you will get links to hundreds of sites costing from zero to squillions. Ask the company you are using what capacity (or whatever you would call it) is needed and how much they charge for using their FTP server and then compare prices.

Your store looks fine to me, no idea why you would pay anyone to change it and creating templates is super easy using one of many free template building sites.

If you are changing your templates i would remove the part about not being responsible for items if they are not registered/insured, just see how long it takes ebay or Paypal to disabuse you of that fact.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

thanks for the feedback.

Same old story - yes I could have updated my templates - but the expectation is that the guys that are building my eBay Store and listing templates will do a better job and hopefully lead to an increase in sales.

all a learning curve at present -

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply