FVF on international shipping

I recently sold a steel mounting bracket the weight was 5klg the successful bidder was in Europe Item sold for $22 local shipping would have been $16. But was slugged $245 buy AP (air parcel post ) the guy was happy to pay it as it still was worth it to him However I was slugged a further $24 FVF for postage! In hind sight I should have put it on gumtree for FREE ...THIS FVF ON POSTAGE SUCKS no wonder US traders won't ship internationally ..also just been asked to fill out a survey on my selling experience ha ha they better be prepared for an ear full
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Go ahead and say it all in the survey!! ebay needs to understand this situation they have created reeks of pure greed, and is causing its sellers big losses, especially those of us who ship internationally.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yes  I shared the same experience ! I thought it was calulated on the lowest postage option And you forgot to mention the addition PAYPAL charge for cross boarder sales. I was lead to belive doing things online was to save  time and Money ( not with ebay)

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Just another reason why charging FVF on the postage component is unethical, immoral, and extremely unfair.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

So your item you sold for $22 has now cost you $2 for the privilege of selling on ebay.

Plus of course any PayPal fees you will get for the transaction too. Not a bad negative profit.

ebay are imploding over this FVF on postage IMHO.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I'm pretty sure that US traders aren't charged FVFs on international postage

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

it sthe reason I have dropped international shipping. If ebay wants to stays an international trding venue, and this causes sellers to stop listing international, then maybe they might do something about it.

Ebay dont care about sellers margins, only their own

Even a 500+ eg parcel to Europe costs $50 by the time you at this in. Thats just plain ridiculous.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

so how do the UK deal with it? They get the FVFs on shipping as well bioth international and domestic

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

I'm pretty sure that US traders aren't charged FVFs on international postage

No, that isn't how it works

USA

Final value fees on shipping

Final values fees on shipping charges are calculated using the shipping service the buyer chooses.

However, when you offer an international or one-day shipping service and it's selected by your buyer, your final value fee for shipping is calculated using whichever service is less expensive, either:

• The first domestic service in your listing that isn't one-day, or

• Your international or one-day shipping service

For example, if a buyer chooses international shipping and you specified free shipping as your first domestic option, you don't pay any final value fees on shipping charges for that item.

If international or one-day shipping is the only service you offer, your final value fee for shipping charges will be calculated on that service.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#fvf

What does that tell sellers in Australia (& UK? etc)... that you will be disadvantaged by paying high FVF's  if you sell internationally.

However, if you are a seller in the US, it is seen as being important to keep selling internationally and sellers won't be disadvantaged for doing so.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Sure does stink.   sometimes buyers cant combine and pay for each - tried to get a credit for FVF charged on shipping - cant do it for 30 days as I have already exceeded number of request (total 1 buyer 2 transactions) FVF credit in current period??? rang to complain with call centre person just repeating over and over on policy.  So even when you refund it, you still cant get fees back.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply