Fake 4g Graphics cards

On eBay there have been and still are fake 4g Graphic cards being sold through eBay Aus. These sellers are from China and are based in China even though they say that they are Australian sellers. They are selling 4g Graphic cards that are in reality only 1g and if your lucky 2g Graphic cards, they reprogram the cards to make them show that they are 4g. EBAY KNOW ABOUT THIS AND DO NOTHING. as an example Below is one of the sellers of these cards there are many more. 

4GB 128Bit PCI-E R7350-4G GDDR5 PCI-Express Game Video Graphics Card for PC Gift

seller - <Removed>

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Fake 4g Graphics cards

If these bast***ds are gonna try to cheat us as buyers and eBay will do nothing about it then we can only rely on ourselves to put them out of business.
The more buyers who combat them in this way will dissuade them from following their business model.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Fake 4g Graphics cards

@clarry100 wrote:
If these bast***ds are gonna try to cheat us as buyers and eBay will do nothing about it then we can only rely on ourselves to put them out of business.
The more buyers who combat them in this way will dissuade them from following their business model.

I disagree.  

Firstly, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Secondly, those sellers will tweak their practices to avoid having money taken from them for MBG claims . . . . . . and eBay will fund the refunds . . . . . . and the eBay funds will come from final value fees, listing fees and store subs.

I think I would rather maintain my integrity than advocate an action that is, at best, dubious and questionable.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Fake 4g Graphics cards

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

I disagree.  

Secondly, those sellers will tweak their practices to avoid having money taken from them for MBG claims . . . . . . and eBay will fund the refunds . . . . . . and the eBay funds will come from final value fees, listing fees and store subs.

I think I would rather maintain my integrity than advocate an action that is, at best, dubious and questionable.

I'm assuming that you mean my original suggestion is one of the two wrongs.

I'm only suggesting that people use the ebay defined MBG rules to the letter in the case of sellers like this who are doing the wrong thing and sending fake products out, which ebay seem to do nothing about despite reports. How is that wrong?

If you raise an INR and have it found in your favour and the item does eventually show up then the seller has the option to have the decision reversed based upon the new information that tracking now shows delivered. Nothing wrong in that either.

If the seller chooses not to take that option then the fake graphics card is yours by the seller's choice and to do what you wish with.

Next... if/when the graphics card does show up but it is not a 4GB version as advertised then you have a legitimate INAD claim under the MBG. This should be found in your favour as well as ebay simply accept rhe word of the buyer these days.

Once again it's up to the seller to pay for the return if they want it back. But again I'd suggest they are likely not to as the cost of return would likely exceed the value of the item to them. Again do as you like with the card at the end of the claim.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with this approach.

Yes, it's maybe a bit brutal, and I would not advocate treating a genuine seller who sells gennuine products in this way.

Merely using the available MBG rules to "teach" these people a lesson as ebay don't seem to care.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Fake 4g Graphics cards

@clarry100 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

I disagree.  

I'm assuming that you mean my original suggestion is one of the two wrongs.

I'm only suggesting that people use the ebay defined MBG rules to the letter in the case of sellers like this who are doing the wrong thing and sending fake products out, which ebay seem to do nothing about despite reports. How is that wrong?

If you raise an INR and have it found in your favour and the item does eventually show up then the seller has the option to have the decision reversed based upon the new information that tracking now shows delivered. Nothing wrong in that either.

If the seller chooses not to take that option then the fake graphics card is yours by the seller's choice and to do what you wish with.

Next... if/when the graphics card does show up but it is not a 4GB version as advertised then you have a legitimate INAD claim under the MBG. This should be found in your favour as well as ebay simply accept rhe word of the buyer these days.

Once again it's up to the seller to pay for the return if they want it back. But again I'd suggest they are likely not to as the cost of return would likely exceed the value of the item to them. Again do as you like with the card at the end of the claim.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with this approach.

Yes, it's maybe a bit brutal, and I would not advocate treating a genuine seller who sells gennuine products in this way.

Merely using the available MBG rules to "teach" these people a lesson as ebay don't seem to care.

I'm only suggesting that people use the ebay defined MBG rules to the letter

I understand that you are advocating this course of action against a seller of fake graphics cards, but who are we to determine that the card indicated by the OP is in fact fake?  Has the OP purchased a card and got proof that the card is fake? Or, are they just p’d off that the item came from China rather than Australia?

The OP indicated that although these cards are shipped from China they are advertised as being in Australia.  Knowing this, you then advocated members buying a card, knowing that they are coming from China, knowing that they are likely not to be delivered within eBay’s estimated delivery time, and using the “MBG rules to the letter” to gain a refund, and then do as they like with the item once it arrives past due date.  No mention of re-paying the seller once the card arrives, no mention of contacting the seller.  Essentially using the eBay MBG to make a claim for INR despite the real intention being to achieve a refund for an item Not As Described due to being fake.  All in the name of teaching the seller a lesson!

That seller identified by the OP has horrible feedback for fake items, mis-representing location, items not arriving among others.

The advice I would give the OP, and all other members, is read seller feedback before buying, and if you have bought without reading feedback first then leave appropriate feedback as a warning to others.

In these cases of Chinese fake items using misrepresented location the best defence is not buying once reading feedback.

How is that wrong?

It just is.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Fake 4g Graphics cards

There still up there many fakes if proof is needed a few people have actully done videos removing the heatsinks to get real chip ids

few diffrent types and sellers as of 22\2/18 really annoying when you seee some actully sold and people have already been ripped off.

these sellers have massive sales and high feedback too like 98%  people are going to think there good sellers selling real goods by that rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ved84d_6occ

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Fake 4g Graphics cards

What continues to trouble me is that Aussie buyers keep buying Chinese. I think it's fair to say that the Chinese are well known as the 'Knock off' Gold Medalists of the world, and they have very little respect for law, or even common propriety for that matter, but some continue to enable them by buying from them.

You'll pay ten dollars for a ten dollar note here, but I'm sure if some Chinese Seller put a good enough story together that you could buy the genuine article off them for just five dollars, there'd be buyers.

I'm not suggesting this is the OP's case, but I just wish Aussies would wake up to the fact that if the price is too good to be true, then it is!

I've been caught, unknowingly. But, there's a saying, first time - fool them. Second time - fool you!

Melina.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply