Fee percentage difference to List a Postage cost or list as Free postage

I am trying to work out the fees percentage difference if i list an item with postage cost and the same item listed ( same all up  price) as free postage item Ebay has told me its lower in fees for free postage but going through my account it seems to show dearer Fees to list  an item as Free Postage has anyone else tried to work this out  ? BTW i dont see why on genuine sales Ebay charge  fees on Postage costs it seems most Aussie sellers are paying postage fees for the few who have rorted the system  .

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The fees can vary marginally. If postage is separate, the fees are calculated separately. But that will only be a cent or 2.

As kopes said, the fees are charged on the total transaction, so including postage in the cost or showing it separately makes no material difference.

Beware of taking any statements from eBay reps as true. They are low paid Philippinos reading from cheat sheats, who seem to be trained to tell the caller anything that will get them off the phone.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know if I am missing the obvious here but naturally it's cheaper without postage. (Free postage)

That's what I think eBay is saying.

But if you are saying postage added to item then it will be the same amount as eBay fees are 10.9% on total invoice.

Irrespective of whether postage is shown as a seperate amount or not.

Edit - Just re-read your post and all up cost being the same, the fee will be the same.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The fees can vary marginally. If postage is separate, the fees are calculated separately. But that will only be a cent or 2.

As kopes said, the fees are charged on the total transaction, so including postage in the cost or showing it separately makes no material difference.

Beware of taking any statements from eBay reps as true. They are low paid Philippinos reading from cheat sheats, who seem to be trained to tell the caller anything that will get them off the phone.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks understood ,pretty much just really annoyed  paying ebay fees on postage as i cannot any longer offer my customers a low rate for postage as Australia post are now on eparcel cubeing boxes and satchels and any charge on any shape parcel (was contracted before ) and  1st september going to charge businees customers a fuel surcharge now .Ebay will need to listen to their sellers with an appropriate solution fee costs for sellers are high When Amazon and all the others gain a better foothold  a lot of sellers will opt in fast i reakon .

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply