Feedback removal...

lolobgo
Community Member

Hmm, I posted on here a week ago about a buyer having incorrect postage details, that i ended up calling paypal about, long story short,  i posted the item, it's at the post office waiting for it to get picked up.

the buyer has given me a negative feedback for item not recieved, but i just checked that it's still sitting at the post office. I dunno and now don't care if they do pick it up now, but can i get ebay to remove the feedback? 

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Feedback removal...

cq_tech
Community Member
I'd say that you have a very good chance of getting eBay to remove your neg but you need to call Customer Service and discuss the matter with them in person. You can ring them on the number provided in the following link, or you can have them ring you instead if the wait time is excessive... http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=2795
Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

thank you! 

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

I don't have the answer sorry, but I would certainly be ringing CS (more than once if necessary - seems like they don't do anything on first call these days from what you read on here) and getting them to check the Tracking info. themselves.  I do seem to recall a similar situation ages ago and the Seller needed an emailed report from Australia Post confirming the Tracking details.

Off the subject a tad, a couple of months ago I sent a Registered Large Letter to a Buyer and because I always check receipt of the Registered ones, noticed it was sitting at the PO.  So sent a polite message to the Buyer suggesting perhaps the postie had forgotten to leave a card and that her parcel was waiting collection at the PO.  No response. Next thing the parcel arrives back here and would you believe within days, the Buyer messages - 'Couldn't get to the PO to collect, please resend'.  Geeeez, it had only been there two weeks !!  So you think to yourself, do I ask for the postage costs again, not my fault she didn't collect - no, do the right thing, don't want a neg so resent at my expense, not even a thanks !  And to make sure she realized I had to pay twice, I put the original padded envelope into a bigger padded envelope to resend.  I suppose the good thing was, she didn't leave any feedback, so at least it wasn't a neg. 

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

Hahaha, I'm such a slow typer, you beat me to it  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

Ha, 

I swear some people that buy on here think that us sellers are mind readers and know what's going on and what they want (even if we ask for confirmations) it confuses the hell out of me why they don't respond to messages! 

*shakes head* and you didn't even get ANY feedback!

I would have left GLOWING feedback if a seller did that for me! 

I've noticed that a lot of buyers aren't bothering to even leave feedback at all now.... 

I'll call ebay tomorrow and see what they can do! i might demand to talk to a supervisor! 

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

Of course we are - don't you check your crystal ball every day, hahaha

Yeah, no Feedback - rude !!

It's kinda sad to admit I guess, but I used to love reading (my) Feedback, the really nice comments make my day and make you feel all the effort is worth it and is appreciated.  These days, with the defective system, I'm scared to look  and am almost glad if buyers don't leave feedback, because at least none is better than a neg.  I've never looked at the stats, but I think I do get a fairly good percentage of Buyers who leave Feedback.   Makes you wonder though if Buyers are just as brassed off with the system as sellers.

Good luck with CS tomorrow and yes, I would demand to speak to a Supervisor if you don't have success the first time

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Make sure that you keep a print out of the tracking saying that the parcel is at the PO awaiting collection.   Your whole argument revolves around this fact and the information does not last forever.  You can request it again from Australia Post but it tends to hold things up.

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

As Lyndal said the info doesn't last forever, I would take a screen shot of it. get the number and the status in the shot.
Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback removal...

Yes, thats the main problem. Most customers don't leave feedback, the ones who are happy. When only the unhappy ones do it stuffs up our scores!  that's so unfair.  Should be an automatic positive if no feedback left so the averages aren't misleading.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply