Final value fees

So hello people and thank you for reading and reponding, if you did so.

So before I do anything. I seem to have a discrepency with FVF.

So I sold an item under the Basic store,FVF is 9.5% 

Hungary 20 and 50 forint sold for $19.99, FVF is $2.09 , so FVF  is 10.5%

Postage is $6 FVF is 63c and FVF is 10.5%

Upgraded to Featured store FVF is 8.55% 

10 pounds 1960 sold for $169.99, FVF $17.76, FVF is 10.5%

Poastage was $6 FVF is 63 cents, FVF is 10.5%

Is this with a 10% GST on FVF, I will get the money back on postage as Aus post already charges that.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Final value fees

The store upgrade kicks in immediately in some ways, eg. extra listings, but were you charged lower fees on all your other items? I'm pretty sure the selling fees that are applicable relate to what the terms were when an item was listed (or 'relisted', or 'rolled over' for gtc listings).

This is why I said that if that listing hadn't rolled over between when you upgraded the store and when it sold, you'd be charged the old fees that were applicable when it last rolled over (or was relisted).

You still don't understand about fees on postage. Ebay charge selling fees on the TOTAL price the buyer pays, but on your invoice ebay separates the selling fees on postage and the item price. Both arel a fee for using ebay's services, and the GST is added to this fee for a service, and is absolutely nothing to do with the GST that AP does or doesn't charge on postage.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Final value fees

9.5% + 10% GST = 10.45%, which is what you've been charged.

If you upgraded to a featured store just before you sold the second item you mention, I have a feeling that the new fees don't kick in until the listings have rolled over after you change your subscription. I'm willing to be proven wrong on that if someone knows better.

I have no idea what you mean by the last line as the gst is on your ebay fees, nothing to do whether AP charges you GST on stamps/postage.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Final value fees

The upgrade kicked in immediatly. Because eBay are charging GST on Postage, Aus post already charges GST for local items, international postage should be GST free..

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Final value fees

The store upgrade kicks in immediately in some ways, eg. extra listings, but were you charged lower fees on all your other items? I'm pretty sure the selling fees that are applicable relate to what the terms were when an item was listed (or 'relisted', or 'rolled over' for gtc listings).

This is why I said that if that listing hadn't rolled over between when you upgraded the store and when it sold, you'd be charged the old fees that were applicable when it last rolled over (or was relisted).

You still don't understand about fees on postage. Ebay charge selling fees on the TOTAL price the buyer pays, but on your invoice ebay separates the selling fees on postage and the item price. Both arel a fee for using ebay's services, and the GST is added to this fee for a service, and is absolutely nothing to do with the GST that AP does or doesn't charge on postage.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Final value fees

@gumardee_coins_and_banknotes wrote:

The upgrade kicked in immediatly. Because eBay are charging GST on Postage, Aus post already charges GST for local items, international postage should be GST free..

eBay charge you Final Value Fee on postage and not GST.

As pointed out by brer, you are being charged GST only on the eBay fee.  The fee eBay charge just happens to be about the same % as the GST %.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply