Fraudulent Overseas Sellers

I really wish eBay would do something about Chinese and other sellers who purport to be local Australian sellers, when they're not.

ive just had an instance, another one, wherein I've purchased some bubble wrapping from an 'Australian Seller' with 'Quick Shipping.'

I then receive an email in very bad English telling me about a hold-up and delivery will take 23days. Obviously this was to account for shipping from China, or Gods know where. I politely mention my displeasure with this and then receive another email saying, "we not selling it no more. You want refund.' 

Well firstly, yes, I think I might want a refund and I really don't think I should have to reply and ask for it. Secondly, this seller didn't have the stock in the first place and thirdly they are not based here in Australia, as claimed.

I've  been caught like this before and it's becoming a nuisance. I really do not like dishonesty. I think when you're selling online the onus is far greater to make sure buyers know exactly who you are and where the product is being dispatched from with an honest delivery date. All they've done here is inconvenience me ( I need the wrapping now, but that's my fault) and put themselves in the position when I'd never order from them again. Very silly, and cunningly dishonest. All my fault in the end though for not being more careful, but I shouldn't have to be.

no wonder we, as sellers, get such a bad wrap at times.

Come on eBay. You can do something about this. I notice it's a very common complaint.

Good morning all. I hope you are healthy and happy.

Melina.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If you complain to eBay they will say they have not had other complaints when we know there is many complaints daily about it.

This is why eBay will not allow anyone to do a petition about them on how they run things.

If they allowed it they would make eBay a better place for sellers and buyers in the end by taking action on the most complained issues of their site.

But while they make mega dollars from Chinese sellers they will only fix things that aint broke. 😞

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Yes i noticed that too they say they are in Darwin NT and have fast and free and 1 day handing if you choose express its like 299-300$ so they get the premium seller logo, They should have there top rated seller status suspended, because i wasn't going to pay that for express post.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

deeau84
Community Member

were these sellers base din silverwater  sydney,  chinese of course and e bay reckons they dono wrong except rip off people, and have had bad complaints for thelast 10 or more yrs and ebay says oh we cnanot put nay sanctions on them they bring us money, 

then offered me a 30 dolalr voucher  , no thanks

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I'm not sure a lot of the good, honest Chinese sellers would like it either. I deal with a few for certain items hard to acquire here and they are wonderful. It doesn't do their overall reputation any good.

But anyway, I'm having a nice day, but trying to get some listings up, with two annoying men who are in their second childhood today it seems, is making things a bit difficult. I just wrote a page about a pipe one of them had told me was an 'Argo' type shape. I mean, I'm not the expert. So after all this work my attention was drawn to the hooting and hollering and I asked the question, 'what's so funny?'

it seems Argo is short for, Arrrrr go and get ......... Argo!!

Simple minded creatures they are .... lol. Overpaid and underworked and I'm gonna kill 'em!!

Melina.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I've never had to buy it as I get my boxes and bubble wrap recycled from work, but I noticed the other day that Bunnings sell it and it didn't see to be too bad a price for the amount you were getting. Maybe it is dear as like I said, I've never had to buy it, but it sounded OK to me.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy, I'll certainly check that out. It does get expensive, especially when you're a manic wrapper like me .... lol.

thanks.

Melina.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I understand your pain as I too hate this kind of item location misrepresentation. And eBay will do nothing.
So I'm intent on doing my own policing about it. And here's how...
Once I'm convinced the item is coming from China I wait until the latest eBay estimated delivery date. That's because this is the soonest you can open an INR case. Then I immediately open the case. Of course they respond with all kinds of pleas asking you to wait longer or close the case. I just reply with please issue a refund. They normally refund before the 4-day grace period is up but if they don't then escalate and eBay will force the refund and the seller will be issued with a defect.
Then some 4-6 weeks later the item still shows up from China and you have it for free. Now I would normally not advocate treating a seller in this way but if eBay refuse to do anything then I will.
If enough buyers get free items out of them this way they will stop misrepresenting like this as it's costing them too much to do it.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@clubesquire wrote:

Thanks Tippy, I'll certainly check that out. It does get expensive, especially when you're a manic wrapper like me .... lol.

thanks.

Melina.

especially when you're a manic wrapper like me

I would never have guessed that melina!

What is your stage name?  I tried rearranging the letters in your name to see a possible stage name and the best I came up with was eminal 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Oh that sounds terrible. It looks like Animal. I'll take you off my Cmas card list K1 .... lol.

But forgive me, what is a stage name? Is that like an aka?

Melina.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply