Free Postage Do I Have To Send Items Indidually

Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I offer Free Postage on my Items "Trading Cards" Postage costs are always 70 cents to $1.40. which is included in the price. Naturally. If a buyer buys more than one card am i obliged to send them separately.

Paddy

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If there is tracking and if they are paid for separately then yes send separately.

If they are posted with no tracking then post them together weather paid for separately or as 1 payment..

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

What about combined postage with tracking?

Even with tracking you can send the items all together even if sold seperately because each item/transaction can have the tracking number attached to it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Even with tracking you can send the items all together even if sold seperately because each item/transaction can have the tracking number attached to it.

If they are paid for separately and then sent together you lose seller protection. It doesn't matter with untracked as you don't have protection against an INR anyway.  It's not advisable to send separate purchases together with tracking for that reason. Separate payments, separate parcels. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@wendshee wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

If they are paid for separately and then sent together you lose seller protection. It doesn't matter with untracked as you don't have protection against an INR anyway.  It's not advisable to send separate purchases together with tracking for that reason. Separate payments, separate parcels. 

So it doesn't matter. OP specificially stated untracked letters.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Exactly! I'll send separate payments together via large letter,  but not for parcel rate with tracking. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If tracking is involved then it's dangerous to combine separate sales - if the item DOES go astray or if the buyer is dodgy, there's no way for you to prove what was in the single packet; you only have proof that there was a packet.

Particularly, if the items are individually expensive, then - similarly - separate postings are your safest option; you've likely built the cost of separate postings into your starting price anyway.

On receiving payment, there's nothing wrong with emailing the buyer and saying that you'll be combining the posting - offering a small refund as a bonus to sweeten the idea.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply