Free listing

Dear ebay

how do I get free listing?

antgirls121

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Free listing

move all of the heavy stuff to one side of the boat.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Free listing

this is not eBay here, but other buyers and sellers like yourself,

you should be aware that with a standard ebay account you get 40 free listings every calendar month,

scroll to the bottom of your my eBay, > All Selling page and you can see how many you have used this month

from tomorrow (Feb 1st), you'll have a new 40 free to use.

(unused free listings do not carry across the calendar so make sure you use them all up before midnight tonight!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Free listing

No No, I'm with Antgirls.

With feedback of 2000+ I assume she knows what she is talking about and is talking about something other than the 40 free listings a month.  I have had an ebay seller from Australia update me on his 100+ free lisitngs (today) and say ebay is reunning a free listing prommotion as they do from time to time.

I have checked their "Messages" and "Annnouncements" but can find no reference to a "free lisitng promotion" ( the 40 free lsitings is not a promotion but standard ebay practice).

FC

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Free listing

it's a topic that has been thrashed about and discussed on these boards ever since the promotions started. There appears to be no detectable rhyme or reason as to who gets 'em or why, it's just an indiscriminate random distribution. Undoubtedly eBay have some kind of criteria themselves, cooked up by their marketing team, but I'd bet all the money in my pocket that they'll never share their marketing strategies.

So for we mere mortals, it's all just assunmption and guesswork and a case of cross ya fingers and hope some come your way eventually.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Free listing

What a pity.

Years ago when we were in eBay (USA) cause the australian variation didn't exist they would have promotional free lisitng days for everyone. They were great....you could list eveything your Turbolister (or Mr Lister in those days) had in it's memory.

Now days I'm not inclined to list more than the 40 free. Sure I make less $ but so does eBay.

I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply