Freight and buyers think it's free postage

I have had several buyers say to me that  Freight for postage  comes up at "Free postage" after the item has been bought.   I invoice them with the postage costs and then I get a complaint "why have I invoiced them with postage costs".

I have had a look at this item in particular and postage comes up as calulate.  Can anyone enlighten me on why some buyers see free postage! and how I should best deal with the situation.

The item number was : 

thanks 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It comes up as free postage if they are using the app on their mobile phones

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I don't see any free postage, I get the link to go to the postage calculator.  But when I put in my postcode it says my postcode is not a valid postcode.

Quite strange.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Really!  So they see free when it's not!  How do you deal with that issue.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Am getting the same my postcode isn't valid,I think it's because the listing has ended?

But looking at the other listings  when you click on the postage it says I need to contact the seller.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

It's sometimes a glitch with the ebay app,and mobile users need to log onto ebays website if they are having difficulties with the app.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I have offered the buyer to cancel the transaction,  postage or pick up is available as they are also in Melb. They had no feedback, so I am assuming they are very new to buying on ebay unless it is a new account that they have started and have others.

I had other buyers interested in this item, and they emailed me to find out what the postage costs would be.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

It could be that this buyer being a newbie perhaps was using the app and being a newbie hasn't realized that they should have contacted you for the postage cost?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

As others have said - it is a glitch with the mobile phone app, and according to information from buyers, particularly iPhones.

The previous time this happened to me, I complained to eBay.  My thinking was, who should pay for the postage?   I personally didn't see why the buyer should pay, when they had bid in the good faith that post was 'free'.  I also didn't see why I should be out of pocket for an eBay system error.  And on that basis, I insisted that eBay cover the post cost - which they did by crediting my account for the amount of postage.

It was supposed to be escalated to the tech team, and if it has been, they've obviously done nothing about it yet (surprise, surprise!!!)

I suggest you contact eBay as I did, and see if they will come to the party, given that it is a system error.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If eBay ever fix the app it will be a miracle. It has been an issue since launch and they deny there is anything wrong with it.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply